Re: Throwaway DVD Question

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Impmon, Sep 1, 2003.

  1. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    On 31 Aug 2003 04:51:37 -0700, (Joey Jolley) typed:

    >Are these new one-viewing, throwaway DVDs going to replace regular
    >DVDs?

    They are disposable DVD that are designed to last only a set amount of
    time after being opened. Something like 48 hours. They are NOT
    replacing conventional DVD, they are just to replace rental DVD.

    Benefit: no more badly scratched DVD
    Negatives: more discs will end up in landfill

    >What are the chances of this happening?

    If anyone remembers the old Circuit City Divx flap, not likely.
    --
    All viruses and spams are automatically removed by my ISP before
    reaching my inbox.
    Impmon, Sep 1, 2003