Re: Thoughts Re: CISSP Online Course

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Steve Linthicum, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. We have what may be one of the most difficult web sites to find information
    on. I think it is somewhere between $100 and $150 a unit. You can probably
    find out by navigating around www.sierracollege.edu. The course is CST 070.
    If I were to jump on this ASAP, it would take a couple of months to get the
    course up and running in an online format because of the approval process.
    Does $300-$450 make sense. Probably, and absolutely if you are looking for
    academic units.

    Cool certification to have. Probably the most difficult certification exam
    I've taken. If anyone questions its importance, look at:
    https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/content.cgi?page=237

    Regards,

    Steve

    "Rick Sears" <> wrote in message
    > Anyway for non Cal residents to take the course. I am looking at doing

    CISSP
    > when I finish my MCSE Security Cert. If it the price was reasonable I

    would
    > consider doing the online course in addition to my independent studies.
    >
    > Rick Sears
    >

    > "Steve Linthicum" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm attempting to ascertain whether there is a need for CISSP training

    at
    > > our community college in an online format. Before I get hammered for
    > > spamming the newsgroup, let me explain that I'm directing this email to
    > > California residents only. The reason is that as residents they take
    > > courses at our State community college for $18 an academic unit. Not
    > > exactly a commercial venture at this cost.
    > >

    > > I am currently teaching the course in a classroom setting. My thought

    for
    > > an online version is where students would be required to complete
    > > assignments over a ten week period. Basically the focus would be one

    week
    > > for each domain. I would likely structure the course for 3 academic

    units

    Steve Linthicum, Aug 21, 2003