Re: THOSE ANNOYING POP UP MESSAGES.

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Thund3rstruck, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. NOMORE Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    in <F_e9b.551$>:

    > Want to stop those annoying pop up messages
    > Without spending $30+ on software.
    > I will show you how <snip>

    Here's how:

    1) start/settings/control panel/administrative
    tools/services/messenger

    Right click on messenger, left click on properties. Change from
    "Automatic" to "Disabled". Click stop, then click OK.

    2) get a firewall. If you are getting popup messages, you have more
    security issues than an annoying popup screen. <G>

    NOI

    --
    Your on ignore, talk to yourself. - Tracker the loon, to the user
    named Nasty

    Thund3rstruck, Sep 15, 2003