Re: This Group slow to load headers?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Jul 19, 2003.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "DonB" <> wrote in message
    > Is this normal?
    > Does anyone know why?
    > Headers for NZ Comp always take far longer to download than any other
    > Group, at least on my machine.
    > I just received 46 headers here, which took 65 seconds.
    > Another Group took 12 seconds for 358.
    > Can anything be changed on my setup, or is this universal?
    > Thanks,
    > DonB

    Same for me, using xtra. I think it's because NZ newsservers cache the posts
    for a lot longer than they do for overseas/international groups. Try
    re-setting your newsreader and downloading nz groups from scratch, you'll
    get many thousands of posts, going back months. International ones you're
    lucky to get them a week old.

    I guess it takes longer for your news reader to ascertain what are new posts
    and what aren't.

    Just guessing here.
    --
    ~misfit~