Re: There's a new theory in the house

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Andrew, Jul 19, 2003.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Theorys are not facts... so you probably should prove it

    Andrew, Jul 19, 2003

  2. >> "No as its well know FACTS that do not even have to be proven"

    > Theorys are not facts... so you probably should prove it

    But if I prove it, then the theory moves onto being a fact, which (now)
    doesn't have to be proven.

    lol

    Master Tech ©, Jul 19, 2003

  3. Andrew

    David Guest

    > >> "No as its well know FACTS that do not even have to be proven"

    > > Theorys are not facts... so you probably should prove it

    > But if I prove it, then the theory moves onto being a fact, which (now)
    > doesn't have to be proven.
    >
    > lol

    A Fact is a statement or presentation of a view that remains a Fact until
    disproven.

    A Theory is only a presentation of an alternative view/arguement and is not
    used to disprove a Fact. You cannot use theory to disprove fact, you can
    only use Fact to do this.

    And that is my Theory on Fact and that is a Fact...

    David, Jul 19, 2003
  4. David wrote:
    > And that is my Theory on Fact and that is a Fact...

    A unqiue theory. Can't be proven, ergo, is a theory, not a fact (as Woger
    has dictated, facts do not even need to be proven).

    The fact is, this theory is factually an easy way to waste the day with. I
    think.

    Master Tech ©, Jul 19, 2003
  5. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    If it cant be proven, then it cant be a fact

    Andrew, Jul 20, 2003