    Then again you might find one you like. some are in english, most 9000
    http://www.flickriver.com/photos/dinosonic/popular-interesting/

    , Aug 6, 2009

  2. Guest

    richard <> wrote:

    >There was another guy I had seen on a tv show. He had made his boat
    >using a VW bug.

    looong time ago "National Lampoon" ran a spoof advertisement, that if
    Ted Kennedy drove a VW, Mary Jo Kopechne would still be alive and
    you'd of never heard of Chappaquiddick.

    The picture of the ad was a VW floating in the middle of a lake. :)

    NOTE: This was during the VW sales campaign where they claimed they
    were so well sealed they could float.
    --

    http://imgur.com/kGUKD.png

    , Aug 6, 2009

  3. philo Guest

    wrote:
    > richard <> wrote:
    >
    >> There was another guy I had seen on a tv show. He had made his boat
    >> using a VW bug.

    > looong time ago "National Lampoon" ran a spoof advertisement, that if
    > Ted Kennedy drove a VW, Mary Jo Kopechne would still be alive and
    > you'd of never heard of Chappaquiddick.
    >
    > The picture of the ad was a VW floating in the middle of a lake. :)
    >
    > NOTE: This was during the VW sales campaign where they claimed they
    > were so well sealed they could float.

    Yes...

    VW ran an ad that said the VW was very well built

    and showed it floating... then it sunk

    Don't recall the exact words...but I think it was something like:

    so well built that it can float.... .... ....
    for a while

    Anyway Popular Mechanics (or some such magazine) did have an article
    showing hoe one could actually be converted to a boat

    philo, Aug 7, 2009