Re: Their Passion is XP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by *Less*, Apr 14, 2008.

  1. *Less*

    *Less* Guest

    "Lookout" <> wrote in message >
    > By JESSICA MINTZ, AP Technology Writer
    > Sun Apr 13, 2:30 PM ET
    >

    > SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp.'s operating systems run most personal
    > computers around the globe and are a cash cow for the world's largest
    > software maker. But you'd never confuse a Windows user with the
    > passionate fans of Mac OS X or even the free Linux operating system.
    >
    > Unless it's someone running Windows XP, a version Microsoft wants to
    > retire.

    <Snip>

    Thanks for Your Info,

    I am a Windows xp user since it came out, and for what I read about
    <Windows Vista> No thanks. It is no fun to keep Xp running, it requires
    Patches every Month, then it requires Firewalls, Antivirus Programs,
    Antispyware, Window Cleaners, Registry Mechanics & Engineerings,
    Speed-up Software, Unistall Programs, SP2's, Just to mention a few.

    I think I have smelled the Coffee, I hate to go back to 1st. grade with
    Computers and learn to use a new OP.
    I am a Home User browsing the Net and soon I will have to take the jump,
    and explore between Mac & Linux one of the two, and will choose
    the one best fit to browse the Net.

    I would say not to go on our knees and beg Microsoft to market a state
    of art Software for our Computers, go and look for a better Products for
    our Personal Computers. I have a strong feeling that Microsoft is testing
    Its Software Users Stupidity, I am in.

    <In case you might ask> "How did you come to that conclusion"??

    The Answer is History:
    After so many Years Microsoft working on Windows from
    the first Version to the XP, Version, Windows Vista should have been
    a State of Art of an <OS> Still requires Patches and a Dozen of additional
    protection Softwares to run, looks we'r back to square one.

    Just a piece of my feelings:

    Cheers *Less*

    *Less*, Apr 14, 2008

  2. *Less*

    catchme Guest

    *Less* wrote:

    > "Lookout" <> wrote in message >
    >> By JESSICA MINTZ, AP Technology Writer Sun Apr 13, 2:30 PM ET
    >>
    >> SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp.'s operating systems run most personal
    >> computers around the globe and are a cash cow for the world's largest
    >> software maker. But you'd never confuse a Windows user with the
    >> passionate fans of Mac OS X or even the free Linux operating system.
    >> Unless it's someone running Windows XP, a version Microsoft wants to
    >> retire.

    > <Snip>
    >
    > Thanks for Your Info,
    >
    > I am a Windows xp user since it came out, and for what I read about
    > <Windows Vista> No thanks. It is no fun to keep Xp running, it requires
    > Patches every Month, then it requires Firewalls, Antivirus Programs,
    > Antispyware, Window Cleaners, Registry Mechanics & Engineerings,
    > Speed-up Software, Unistall Programs, SP2's, Just to mention a few.
    >
    > I think I have smelled the Coffee, I hate to go back to 1st. grade with
    > Computers and learn to use a new OP. I am a Home User browsing the
    > Net and soon I will have to take the jump,
    > and explore between Mac & Linux one of the two, and will choose the one
    > best fit to browse the Net.
    >
    > I would say not to go on our knees and beg Microsoft to market a state
    > of art Software for our Computers, go and look for a better Products for
    > our Personal Computers. I have a strong feeling that Microsoft is
    > testing Its Software Users Stupidity, I am in.
    > <In case you might ask> "How did you come to that conclusion"??
    >
    > The Answer is History: After so many Years Microsoft working on Windows
    > from
    > the first Version to the XP, Version, Windows Vista should have been
    > a State of Art of an <OS> Still requires Patches and a Dozen of additional
    > protection Softwares to run, looks we'r back to square one.
    >
    > Just a piece of my feelings:
    >
    > Cheers *Less*
    >
    >> http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/

    i have used macs and windows machines from high school until now, and
    made the switch to windows xp after apple switched to intel processing.
    turns out it wasnt so bad- but then xp was, and maybe always will be-
    the best o/s release from microsoft.
    if i had to choose now, it would be mac.
    not because im afraid to learn linux or because it is inferior to mac-
    but i have my wife's user ability to consider.
    some command line knowledge is mandatory for linux- and she can barely
    read everyday english (she is Japanese National).
    And, while everything she heard of mac led her to first shudder at the
    thought of one, when she sees them up close and plays with it- she gets
    into it!
    She understands the 'o-taku' cult-craze that clings to macintosh, and i
    may be drawn back into its fold, a born-again mac addict!
    Vista is a view into Microsoft's demise, while yet a logical conclusion
    to drm and restrictive licensing agreements killing what should have
    been, or what promised....well- appeared to likely have been? a great o/s.
    my only fear is that the mac o/s may soon follow....?

    --
    To the States or any one of them, or any city of the States,
    Resist much, obey little,

    -Walt Whitman, 1860
    catchme, Apr 15, 2008

  3. *Less*

    Guest

    catchme <> wrote:

    >Vista is a view into Microsoft's demise, while yet a logical conclusion
    >to drm and restrictive licensing agreements killing what should have
    >been, or what promised....well- appeared to likely have been? a great o/s.
    >my only fear is that the mac o/s may soon follow....?

    Pretty soon (~10 years) the O/S won't matter
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Computing

    Trusted computing is built into the Mother board, and while it can be
    use to enforce DRM, it's claimed it will halt spam.
    --

    words can't express...
    http://i25.tinypic.com/2m6qwjr.jpg
  4. *Less*

    Guest

    wrote:

    >Trusted computing is built into the Mother board, and while it can be
    >use to enforce DRM, it's claimed it will halt spam.

    To be clearer: worm or botnet spewed spam.
    --

    words can't express...
    http://i25.tinypic.com/2m6qwjr.jpg
    , Apr 15, 2008
  5. *Less*

    *Less* Guest

    "catchme" <> wrote in message .
> [...]

    > if i had to choose now, it would be mac.
    > not because im afraid to learn linux or because it is inferior to mac-
    > but i have my wife's user ability to consider.
    > some command line knowledge is mandatory for linux- and she can barely
    > read everyday english (she is Japanese National).
    > And, while everything she heard of mac led her to first shudder at the
    > thought of one, when she sees them up close and plays with it- she gets
    > into it!
    > She understands the 'o-taku' cult-craze that clings to macintosh, and i
    > may be drawn back into its fold, a born-again mac addict!
    > Vista is a view into Microsoft's demise, while yet a logical conclusion
    > to drm and restrictive licensing agreements killing what should have
    > been, or what promised....well- appeared to likely have been? a great o/s.
    > my only fear is that the mac o/s may soon follow....?

    Thanks for sharing,
    If I would be heading to the Computer Store today my choice
    would be Mac also, it is more costly then just buying a couple CD's from Linux
    and run on my present Computer, whats is important to me the apps. I can
    run on my OS, the more the better, and Support from the Software Publishers.
    I hope Mac has Support for their Software Users, I never enquired for.

    One option I would never use on a Mac Computers and that is installing
    an XP Windows, check the Link below here:

    (http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/300.html)

    I would rather have Mac flirt with Linux then with Microsoft's Windows,
    then again there is a reason for everything.

    Cheers *Less*

    *Less*, Apr 15, 2008
  6. *Less*

    ded Guest