Re: The Tipping Point

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Jul 1, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 7/1/2010 9:19 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > THose with a passing familiarity with science will know that there a
    > phenomena called the "tipping point". We're near the tipping point for
    > climate now:
    > "Our findings indicate that CO2 levels of approximately 400 parts per
    > million are sufficient to produce
    > mean annual temperatures in the High Arctic of approximately zero
    > degrees Celsius (32 degrees F)," said
    > lead author Ashley Ballantyne of the University of Colorado at Boulder.
    >
    > http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/06/30-7

    So exactly what does all of that ambiguous rambling mean.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Jul 1, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    > On 7/1/2010 9:19 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> THose with a passing familiarity with science will know that there a
    >> phenomena called the "tipping point". We're near the tipping point for
    >> climate now:
    >> "Our findings indicate that CO2 levels of approximately 400 parts per
    >> million are sufficient to produce
    >> mean annual temperatures in the High Arctic of approximately zero
    >> degrees Celsius (32 degrees F)," said
    >> lead author Ashley Ballantyne of the University of Colorado at Boulder.
    >>
    >> http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/06/30-7
    >>

    > So exactly what does all of that ambiguous rambling mean.

    THose with a passing familiarity with science would not pay any attention to
    the common dreams clap trap. (There, fixed that.)
    Ferd.Berfle, Jul 1, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 7/1/2010 9:37 AM Just to please that super-ego, Ferd.Berfle wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >> On 7/1/2010 9:19 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> THose with a passing familiarity with science will know that there a
    >>> phenomena called the "tipping point". We're near the tipping point for
    >>> climate now:
    >>> "Our findings indicate that CO2 levels of approximately 400 parts per
    >>> million are sufficient to produce
    >>> mean annual temperatures in the High Arctic of approximately zero
    >>> degrees Celsius (32 degrees F)," said
    >>> lead author Ashley Ballantyne of the University of Colorado at Boulder.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/06/30-7
    >>>

    >> So exactly what does all of that ambiguous rambling mean.
    >>

    > THose with a passing familiarity with science would not pay any attention to
    > the common dreams clap trap. (There, fixed that.)

    <g> Thanks

    OldGringo38, Jul 1, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    > On 7/1/2010 9:37 AM Just to please that super-ego, Ferd.Berfle wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> "OldGringo38"<> wrote in message
    >>> On 7/1/2010 9:19 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:

    >>> So exactly what does all of that ambiguous rambling mean.
    >>>

    >> THose with a passing familiarity with science would not pay any attention
    >> the common dreams clap trap. (There, fixed that.)
    >>

    > <g> Thanks

    You welcome. More fun than the Wal Mart check out line:
    http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?p=2723
    Ferd.Berfle, Jul 1, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 7/1/2010 9:19 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> THose with a passing familiarity with science will know that there a
    >>> phenomena called the "tipping point". We're near the tipping point

    >> for
    >>> climate now:
    >>> "Our findings indicate that CO2 levels of approximately 400 parts

    >> per
    >>> million are sufficient to produce
    >>> mean annual temperatures in the High Arctic of approximately zero
    >>> degrees Celsius (32 degrees F)," said
    >>> lead author Ashley Ballantyne of the University of Colorado at

    >> Boulder.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/06/30-7
    >>>

    >> So exactly what does all of that ambiguous rambling mean.
    >>

    > Apparently it means that few people on this heah news-group dont have at
    > least a passing familiarity with basic science.

    yep particularly those posting crap from common dreams
    Ferd.Berfle, Jul 2, 2010