Re: The Tipping Point

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Jul 1, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:19:05 -0600, ???hw??f wrote:

    > THose with a passing familiarity with science will know that there a
    > phenomena called the "tipping point". We're near the tipping point for
    > climate now:
    > "Our findings indicate that CO2 levels of approximately 400 parts per
    > million are sufficient to produce
    > mean annual temperatures in the High Arctic of approximately zero
    > degrees Celsius (32 degrees F)," said
    > lead author Ashley Ballantyne of the University of Colorado at Boulder.
    >
    > http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/06/30-7

    That's all fine and dandy. My computer says your computer is all full of
    horsehockey and camel dung.
    richard, Jul 1, 2010

  2. richard

    Falco Guest

    richard wrote:
    > On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:19:05 -0600, ???hw??f wrote:
    >
    >> THose with a passing familiarity with science will know that there a
    >> phenomena called the "tipping point". We're near the tipping point
    >> for climate now:

    Are we really - and there's me thinking that the weather events were just a
    part of a cycle a few million years old.

    >> "Our findings indicate that CO2 levels of approximately 400 parts per
    >> million are sufficient to produce
    >> mean annual temperatures in the High Arctic of approximately zero
    >> degrees Celsius (32 degrees F)," >

    So what's new - its happened before, wiped out around 75% or so of the life
    on the planet - and the surviving life just got on with it.

    >> said lead author Ashley Ballantyne of the University of Colorado at
    >> Boulder.

    An attention seeker if ever there was one.
    Falco, Jul 1, 2010