Re: The things we do for the sake of photography ...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by me@mine.net, Dec 30, 2008.

  1. Guest

    On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:08:26 -0600, in rec.photo.digital Allen
    <> wrote:

    >Gerald Samuelson wrote:
    ><snip>
    >>
    >> The things we do for the sake of photography...
    >>
    >> :)
    >>

    >Please, if the bird finds its lunch, post some pictures.
    >Allen

    I'm not the OP but here's a couple of recent eagles photos on a totally
    overcast recent morning.

    http://edwardgruf.com/2008-12-21_R_9&10_surprise/slides/_DSC9043_1.jpg

    http://edwardgruf.com/2008-12-21_R_9&10_surprise/slides/_DSC9053_1.jpg

    http://edwardgruf.com/2008-12-21_R_9&10_surprise/slides/_DSC9062_1.jpg

    http://edwardgruf.com/2008-12-21_R_9&10_surprise/slides/_DSC9065_1.jpg

    , Dec 30, 2008

  2. Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:20:05 -0600, in rec.photo.digital Allen
    <> wrote:

    >I especially like the last one. May I ask where you live? My
    >daughter-in-law's parents live on Whidbey Island in Puget Sound and Bald
    >Eagles are becoming almost a nuisance there.

    These were taken on the historic Yorktown, VA battlefield on the mouth of
    the York River to the east of Redoubts 9 &10.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...-76.502995&spn=0.028908,0.037422&z=15&iwloc=A

    , Dec 30, 2008

  3. Guest

    , Dec 31, 2008
  4. Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 19:56:19 -0800, in rec.photo.digital Savageduck
    <> wrote:

    >Well since the discussion has moved to birds of prey, here is a local
    >osprey near the San Antonio River in California. The shots were taken
    >on different days, and he had a fresh meal each day.
    >
    >http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Osprey_67e.jpg
    >http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Osprey_74.jpg
    >http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Osprey_77.jpg
    >http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Osprey_81e.jpg
    >http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Osprey_94ec.jpg
    >http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Osprey_97ec.jpg

    Nice. For the most part the osprey around here have migrated for the
    winter.

    , Dec 31, 2008
  5. Sheila Guest

    Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2008-12-30 18:52:16 -0800, Allen <> said:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >>> The tail is seen better in the next, but it's started being blocked by
    >>> branches.
    >>>
    >>> http://edwardgruf.com/2008-12-21_R_9&10_surprise/slides/_DSC9066_1.jpg

    >> I agree about the tail, but the the tree branch doesn't bother me.
    >> Good one IMO!
    >> Allen

    > Well since the discussion has moved to birds of prey, here is a local
    > osprey near the San Antonio River in California. The shots were taken on
    > different days, and he had a fresh meal each day.
    >
    > http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Osprey_67e.jpg
    > http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Osprey_74.jpg
    > http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Osprey_77.jpg
    > http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Osprey_81e.jpg
    > http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Osprey_94ec.jpg
    > http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Osprey_97ec.jpg
    >
    > Regards,
    > Savageduck

    Great series of photos, the last one is magnificent.

    --
    Sheila
    http://swdalton.com

    Sheila, Dec 31, 2008