Re: The sun has set on the British Empire.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Disbelief, Dec 8, 2010.

  1. Disbelief

    Disbelief Guest

    Bullwinkle wrote:
    > The sun has set on the British Empire.
    >
    > (Sky News) - Britain feared Libya would take "harsh and immediate
    > action" against it if the Lockerbie bomber died in prison, leaked US
    > diplomatic cables have suggested.

    And it was suggested in "leaked" *US* cables - not the most believable,
    tactful or trustworthy people the American diplomatic service from what I've
    seen of those documents.

    > Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi made "thuggish" threats to halt all
    > trade deals with the UK and harass embassy staff if Abdelbaset al
    > Megrahi was not freed, according to the latest disclosures.

    Isn't that what America does to us and the rest of the world *ALL* of the
    time?

    > The cables unveiled on whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks also suggest
    > Tripoli offered a "parade of treats" to the Scottish devolved
    > government if it let the convicted mass killer go - although the
    > incentives were refused.

    Ah bribery - at least the Americans *have* taught the Libyans something!
    Disbelief, Dec 8, 2010