Re: The Sigma-Foveon pixel rationale

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dave Martindale, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. (Dave Martindale) writes:

    >This is actually more subtle than it looks at first glance, and ASCII
    >art is completely inadequate to show the difference between several
    >different patterns that all look roughly like the "octagonal" pattern
    >above. So I'll attempt to describe the difference in words. (I also
    >have images that show the patterns; perhaps I should set up a web page
    >with them somewhere).

    Well, I did it. If you'd like to see images of the various patterns,
    go to <http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~davem/photo/grid.html>.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Dave Martindale

    John Navas Guest

    In <c4gi0k$e4t$> on Thu, 1 Apr 2004 07:57:08 +0000 (UTC),
    (Dave Martindale) wrote:

    > (Dave Martindale) writes:
    >
    >>This is actually more subtle than it looks at first glance, and ASCII
    >>art is completely inadequate to show the difference between several
    >>different patterns that all look roughly like the "octagonal" pattern
    >>above. So I'll attempt to describe the difference in words. (I also
    >>have images that show the patterns; perhaps I should set up a web page
    >>with them somewhere).

    >Well, I did it. If you'd like to see images of the various patterns,
    >go to <http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~davem/photo/grid.html>.

    My own patterns as an animated GIF are at
    <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/images/sensor_types.gif>.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Apr 1, 2004

  3. John Navas <> writes:

    >My own patterns as an animated GIF are at
    ><http://navasgrp.home.att.net/images/sensor_types.gif>.

    Those all look correct to my eye, assuming that the active area of the
    photosite is octagonal.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Apr 2, 2004