Re: The sickening reality of high ISO on a P&S

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dj_nme, Dec 22, 2008.

  1. dj_nme

    dj_nme Guest

    John Navas wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 19:25:07 +0000, savvo
    > <> wrote in
    > <>:
    >
    >> On 2008-12-20, Stephen Bishop <> wrote:

    >>> That is really funny, John. How in the world can dslr fans be
    >>> threatened by compact cameras? That's the silliest thing I ever
    >>> heard, at least today. What is a compact camera going to do, jump up
    >>> and bite them? As you've pointed out many times, the camera is merely
    >>> a tool. Some tools are better than others. That's nothing to get so
    >>> defensive about.

    >> No egos were harmed, no fisticuffs broke out in the making of this
    >> photo...
    >>
    >> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/bizarrovern/3029504851/sizes/o/>
    >>
    >> A Fuji F45 and a D2Xs in the same room? How can that be, Johnny?

    > Login required. No thanks.

    Ditto.
    It makes me wonder if it's worth looking at in the first place, if it's
    hidden behind a login screen.

    dj_nme, Dec 22, 2008

  2. dj_nme

    dj_nme Guest

    savvo wrote:
    > On 2008-12-22, dj_nme <> wrote:
    >> John Navas wrote:
    >>> On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 19:25:07 +0000, savvo
    >>> <> wrote in

    >>> Login required. No thanks.

    >> Ditto.
    >> It makes me wonder if it's worth looking at in the first place, if it's
    >> hidden behind a login screen.

    > Thanks for caring, but it obviously isn't worth looking at or I
    > wouldn't post it to the den-of-thieves that is flickr.
    >
    > Sorry for assuming that everyone's experience of the site is the same as
    > mine. But never attribute to hubris what can be adequately explained by
    > incompetence.
    >
    > <http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/3029504851_0e6ca565c9_o.jpg>

    So what did your VCR do that deserved dismemberment?
    I'm not surprised that some-one would own both a DSLR and P&S camera.
    One is great for sticking in a pocket and taking almost everywhere and
    the other has good low-light imaging and interchangeable lenses.
    I own a Ricoh GX100, Pentax ist-ds and Samsung GX10 for those very reasons.

    dj_nme, Dec 23, 2008

  3. dj_nme

    dj_nme Guest

    savvo wrote:
    > On 2008-12-23, dj_nme <> wrote:
    >> savvo wrote:
    >>> <http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/3029504851_0e6ca565c9_o.jpg>

    >> So what did your VCR do that deserved dismemberment?

    > It stopped working so, as with all failed electronics, it joined the
    > photo props bin aka the garage.

    I suppose that is a crime warranting dismemberment. ;-)
    There are all sort of mechanical and electrical goodies inside a dead
    VCR, so the bits could still do something other than just being a photo
    prop.

    dj_nme, Dec 26, 2008