Re: The sickening reality of high ISO on a P&S

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ray Fischer, Dec 20, 2008.

  1. Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    John Navas <> wrote:
    >On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 14:19:58 +0000, savvo
    ><> wrote in
    ><>:
    >
    >>On 2008-12-20, John Navas <> wrote:

    >>> Simply not true.

    >>While it's undoubtedly true that you can't see the defects, many people can.

    >Correction: many people imagine them, with nothing to back up their

    Now you're descending into irrational denial.

    www.dpreview.com

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Dec 20, 2008

  2. Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    John Navas <> wrote:
    > (Ray Fischer) wrote in
    >>John Navas <> wrote:

    >>> Unless and until you come up with something concrete and
    >>>objective, I'm done.

    >>www.dpreview.com

    >In terms of resolution, the Leica super-zoom 36-432 mm (35 mm equiv)
    >f/2.8-3.1 on the Panasonic DMC-FZ8 actually surpasses comparable dSLR;
    >e.g., fixed prime Canon EF 50 mm f/1.4 on the EOS D60, 10D, and 300D, as

    So your new Panasonic is comparable to SLR cameras 4+ years older.

    I think that that says everything that we need to know. Thank you for
    playing - please exit stage left.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Dec 21, 2008

  3. Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    John Navas <> wrote:
    > (Ray Fischer) wrote in
    >>John Navas <> wrote:
    >>> (Ray Fischer) wrote in

    >>>In terms of resolution, the Leica super-zoom 36-432 mm (35 mm equiv)
    >>>f/2.8-3.1 on the Panasonic DMC-FZ8 actually surpasses comparable dSLR;
    >>>e.g., fixed prime Canon EF 50 mm f/1.4 on the EOS D60, 10D, and 300D, as

    >>So your new Panasonic is comparable to SLR cameras 4+ years older.

    >My old Panasonic is comparable to SLR cameras of similar resolution.

    Crap.

    >Since you've apparently missed them, there have been two generations
    >since the FZ8, the FZ18 and now the FZ28.

    The DMC-FZ8 was announced in 2/2007. The Canon 10D in 3/2003.
    The Canon 300D in 8/2003. The D60 in 2/2002.

    >>I think that that says everything that we need to know. Thank you for
    >>playing - please exit stage left.

    >You must feel threatened.

    And yet you're the one making absurd, unsupported claims

    > That would explain the need to compare a
    >current dSLR to an older compact camera, and the stooping to
    >discourtesy.

    YOU compared the DMC-FZ8 with the much older SLRs. SLRs which have not
    been in production for years. Maybe you're confusing your own idiocy
    with mine?

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Dec 21, 2008
  4. Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    John Navas <> wrote:
    > (Ray Fischer) wrote in
    >>John Navas <> wrote:
    >>> (Ray Fischer) wrote in

    >>>My old Panasonic is comparable to SLR cameras of similar resolution.

    >>Crap.

    >With that insult you concede the debate.

    That's not an insult. This is an insult: You're a dishonest moron.

    Now you REALLY have an excuse to run away, coward. Clearly you
    realized that you were reduced to making stupid statements and decided
    to cut your losses.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Dec 22, 2008