Re: The police advised me to destroy my computer after it wasattacked.

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by BoaterDave, Apr 30, 2010.

  1. BoaterDave

    BoaterDave Guest

    On Mar 30, 4:19 am, "nobody >" <> wrote:
    > ~BD~ wrote:
    > > Quote:

    > > "Researchers have demonstrated how to create rootkits that survive
    > > hard-disk reformatting by injecting malware into the low-level system
    > > instructions of a targetcomputer.

    > > The researchers, from Core Security Technologies, used the techniques to
    > > inject rootkits into two computers, one running the OpenBSD operating
    > > system and the other Windows. Because the infection lives in the
    > >computer'sBIOS, or basic input/output system, it persists evenafter
    > > the operating system is reinstalled or acomputer'shard drive is
    > > replaced."

    > > Ref:http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/24/persistent_bios_rootkits/

    > > The article goes on to say .......

    > BD- we've been down the road with you BEFORE on this. You just can't let
    > it go, can you?

    NO! I can't! Something just keeps on nagging inside my head! :)
    BoaterDave, Apr 30, 2010

  2. BoaterDave

    Leythos Guest

    Re: The police advised me to destroy my computer after it was attacked.

    In article <4b9c772e-ae6f-4af1-9054-1cf8e2b69719@
    37g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, says...
    > From: BoaterDave <>

    Please stop changing your name/identity

    Trust yourself.
    (remove 999 for proper email address)
    Leythos, Apr 30, 2010

  3. BoaterDave

    Leythos Guest

    Re: The police advised me to destroy my computer after it was attacked.

    In article <-privat.org>, says...

    > Why in the hell do you always resurrect old posts.

    I wish that BD had followed their advice and destroyed his computer, and
    not bought a new one, to keep us from having to read his infected
    stories.

    Leythos, May 1, 2010