Re: The Only thing now will SP3 go on easy..?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by EMB, Oct 14, 2008.

  1. EMB

    EMB Guest

    OZZY Boy wrote:

    > I lest it uses a Intel CPU but Only just enough Ram..

    RAM is so cheap you may as well just buy some more. If it's got less
    than 512MB and is running XP you're a moron if you don't spend the $20
    that an extra 256MB will cost you.

    EMB, Oct 14, 2008

  2. EMB

    Cima Guest

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 07:15:56 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >OZZY Boy wrote:
    >>
    >> I lest it uses a Intel CPU but Only just enough Ram..

    >RAM is so cheap you may as well just buy some more. If it's got less
    >than 512MB and is running XP you're a moron if you don't spend the $20
    >that an extra 256MB will cost you.

    I looked at a PC this morning that had 128MB, all patched up to SP3. She said it
    was running quite slow- NO SHIT! Had a bag of SDRAM with me and chucked some in.
    Runs better now, although if it was mine I would've thrown it out the window a
    long time ago. I always cop people with these bloody old shitty underpowered HPs
    :-(

    Cima, Oct 15, 2008

  3. EMB

    Richard Guest

    Cima wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 07:15:56 +1300, EMB <> wrote:
    >
    >> OZZY Boy wrote:
    >>> I lest it uses a Intel CPU but Only just enough Ram..

    >> RAM is so cheap you may as well just buy some more. If it's got less
    >> than 512MB and is running XP you're a moron if you don't spend the $20
    >> that an extra 256MB will cost you.

    > I looked at a PC this morning that had 128MB, all patched up to SP3. She said it
    > was running quite slow- NO SHIT! Had a bag of SDRAM with me and chucked some in.
    > Runs better now, although if it was mine I would've thrown it out the window a
    > long time ago. I always cop people with these bloody old shitty underpowered HPs
    > :-(

    Yes, some people never seem to value their own time wasted when figuring
    out upgrades etc. Quite sad really.

    Richard, Oct 15, 2008
  4. EMB

    Richard Guest

    Bret wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:10:46 +1300, OZZY Boy wrote:

    >>> RAM is so cheap you may as well just buy some more. If it's got less
    >>> than 512MB and is running XP you're a moron if you don't spend the $20
    >>> that an extra 256MB will cost you.

    >> THIS IS NOT MY PC..
    >>
    >> Plus that type of Ram costs heaps..
    >>
    >> NO RAM IS NOT CHEAP..

    > A-Data DDR400 512MB $21.80
    > 512Mb DDR400 Corsair Value Select $35.00
    >
    > Assuming DDR, looks cheap to me.

    for all we know it may be an old workstation from the rambus era, in
    which case it wouldnt be that cheap. Mind you, when I had that problem I
    sold the ram, and got a dual channel DDR motherboard, the ram, a case
    and PSU for what I sold the ram for ;)

    Richard, Oct 15, 2008
  5. EMB

    EMB Guest

    OZZY Boy wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 07:15:56 +1300, EMB <> wrote:
    >
    >> OZZY Boy wrote:
    >>> I lest it uses a Intel CPU but Only just enough Ram..

    >> RAM is so cheap you may as well just buy some more. If it's got less
    >> than 512MB and is running XP you're a moron if you don't spend the $20
    >> that an extra 256MB will cost you.

    > THIS IS NOT MY PC..
    >
    > Plus that type of Ram costs heaps..

    What type of RAM you obnoxious old **** who hasn't yet acknowledged the
    help he recieved here?

    > NO RAM IS NOT CHEAP..

    Pretty much all ordinary PC RAM is cheap now - even SD-RAM is worth so
    little that I normally bin it rather than bother selling it on Tardme.

    EMB, Oct 15, 2008
  6. EMB

    EMB Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > LOL, I've typo'ed it as 'Tardme' a few times and, although I thought it
    > funny, have always corrected it. I like it, it is rather fitting huh? :)

    The website's still up. http://www.tardme.co.nz/

    Click on the image. :)

    EMB, Oct 15, 2008
  7. EMB

    Cima Guest

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 07:26:00 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >~misfit~ wrote:
    >> LOL, I've typo'ed it as 'Tardme' a few times and, although I thought it
    >> funny, have always corrected it. I like it, it is rather fitting huh? :)

    >The website's still up. http://www.tardme.co.nz/
    >
    >Click on the image. :)

    I always chuckle at the "Stalk Sum1" 'link' they have for Findsomeone. Probably
    a very apt name for it, LOL!

    Cima, Oct 15, 2008
  8. In article <-privat.org>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Cima" typed:
    >>> The website's still up. http://www.tardme.co.nz/
    >>> Click on the image. :)

    >> I always chuckle at the "Stalk Sum1" 'link' they have for
    >> Findsomeone. Probably a very apt name for it, LOL!

    >.... and for the reason you allude to I never "help" when I get emails from
    >oldfriends asking if I can help find Jimmy Hoffa (or whomever).
    >
    >I only signed up to upload some of my old school class photos really....
    >Honest.

    I would have been happy to upload some old photos ... but won't be signing
    up to do it. :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 16, 2008
  9. EMB

    EMB Guest

    OZZY Boy wrote:

    > Only the low end brands are cheap, these ones that are in my PS still sell for heaps..
    >
    > Kingmax brand DDR 400/433

    $50ish for 512MB - which in the general scheme of things is not
    expensive at all. And for about half that amount you can buy comparable
    lifetime warrantied RAM from other manufacturers.

    EMB, Oct 16, 2008