Re: The ODBC resource DLL is a different version than the ODBC driver manager

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by tenkbabe@yahoo.com, Oct 16, 2006.

  1. Guest

    beenthere wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > After upgrading from Windows 2000 sp4 to Windows XP Pro sp2 and doing
    > > all the critical updates. I'm getting this error message when logging
    > > off of Windows:
    > >
    > > "The ODBC resource DLL (C:\WINNT\system32\odbcint.dll) is a different
    > > version than the ODBC driver manager (C:\WINNT\ODBC32.dll). You need to
    > > reinstall the ODBC combonents to ensure proper operation."
    > >
    > > Based on that message, I tried to reinstall MDAC 2.8 from
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c&DisplayLang=en.
    > > However, during installation I got this message:
    > >
    > > "MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this version of Windows. All of its
    > > features are curretnly part of Windows."
    > >
    > > I then ran this installation for Microsoft Data Access Components
    > > (MDAC) 2.8 SP1
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...95-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1afbd5922e&displaylang=en
    > >
    > > And got this message:
    > > "This setup does not support installing on this operating system"
    > >
    > > Then tried repairing the installation based on these steps:
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899861
    > >
    > > I ran the component checker and it says "MDAC 2.8 sp1 on Windows XP sp
    > > 2."
    > >
    > > I am still getting the error message when logging off. It doesn't seem
    > > to be impacting anything in Windows XP. But the error message is a
    > > little annoying. Thanks for any help.
    > >
    > > tkb
    > >

    > Let Windows do a file check\repair.
    > Go to Start\Run and type in `cmd`.
    > In the Command window type `SFC /scannow`(note the space
    > after C).
    > Insert your winXP CD when asked, and let it do its stuff.
    > HTH.

    Thanks. I did that. It took about an hour. However, I'm still getting
    the same error message when logging off of Windows. Any other ideas?

    tkb

    , Oct 16, 2006