Re: The most ridiculous cola quotes of all?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by 7, Aug 30, 2006.

  1. 7

    7 Guest

    DFS wrote:

    > Here's a great one by none other than 7:
    >
    > "That goes back to what I was saying about the professional office
    > environment is now closed off to micoshaft with the release of Open Office
    > 2."

    DFS you are a fool.

    Bigger things have happened and ODF is now the thing, with Open Office
    taking up supporting ODF and micoshaft unable to comply with
    ODF standards thus being relegated to second choice in many a place.

    I doubt anyone is setting asside serious money to building
    projects around micoshaft oriffice when they have Open Office and ODF.

    There are many features in Open Office that micoshaft oriffice
    doesn't have, and which I can't do without now;
    and the feature list gets bigger and bigger all the time.
    And its cross platform.

    If I were you, I'd download a free copy of Open Office
    and install it on your machines and enjoy the difference

    http://www.openoffice.org
    7, Aug 30, 2006

  2. This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on Wed, 30 Aug 2006
    21:10:25 +0000, 7 wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Here's a great one by none other than 7:
    >>
    >> "That goes back to what I was saying about the professional office
    >> environment is now closed off to micoshaft with the release of Open
    >> Office 2."

    > DFS you are a fool.

    That wasn't the "most ridiculous cola quotes of all" IMO, *this* was:-

    "If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't
    be posting anything right now."
    DFS - comp.os.linux.advocacy Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

    <snip>

    --
    Linux is not a desktop OS for people
    whose VCRs are still flashing "12:00".
    William Poaster, Aug 30, 2006

  3. In comp.os.linux.advocacy, William Poaster
    <>
    wrote
    on Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:21:47 +0100
    <>:
    > This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on Wed, 30 Aug 2006
    > 21:10:25 +0000, 7 wrote:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Here's a great one by none other than 7:
    >>>
    >>> "That goes back to what I was saying about the professional office
    >>> environment is now closed off to micoshaft with the release of Open
    >>> Office 2."

    >> DFS you are a fool.

    > That wasn't the "most ridiculous cola quotes of all" IMO, *this* was:-
    >
    > "If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't
    > be posting anything right now."
    > DFS - comp.os.linux.advocacy Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004
    >

    > <snip>

    Hm. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

    suggests 1979 for Usenet. (RFC977 came in 1986, some
    time later.) Since Microsoft was founded in 1976 but
    didn't *announce* Windows 1.0 until 1983 (never mind
    *releasing* something that was actually *network-capable*)
    I for one find this rather silly.

    Nice try, DFS, but no soup for you. :) Come to think of it,
    no crackers, celery, or bread, either. Froth, yes; we've
    got *lots* of that. :)

    [24hr removed from followups]

    #191,
    Windows Vista. Because it's time to refresh your hardware. Trust us.
    The Ghost In The Machine, Aug 31, 2006