Re: The Most Amazing Site!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Sqwertz, Sep 28, 2012.

  1. Sqwertz

    Sqwertz Guest

    On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 11:52:31 +1200, Eric Stevens wrote:

    > http://www.flightradar24.com//t_blank


    Is the plane data cut off on descent at around 1,000 ft? Every plane
    I pick seems to go defunct right around 1K. It says "Waiting for new
    coordinates" and the plane pane on the left of the browser resets as
    if no plane is selected. The cockpit view window still stays on top,
    though - as if it's frozen.

    -sw
    Sqwertz, Sep 28, 2012
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Sqwertz

    Sqwertz Guest

    On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 22:38:43 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

    > As far as cockpit view goes, the window opens and I get nothing but the
    > following message;
    > < https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_15.jpg >


    I got that message in Firefox until I switched over to Internet
    Explorer, installed the Google Maps Plug-IN, then restarted Firefox.
    It still doesn't work in IE, but who cares?

    My dual core 3.1GHZ CPU is pegged when I do a cockpit view, so if
    you're running a slower machine, don't expect much.

    -sw
    Sqwertz, Sep 28, 2012
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Sqwertz

    NM5K Guest

    On 9/28/2012 11:53 AM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-09-28 09:37:12 -0700, Sqwertz <> said:
    >
    >> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 22:38:43 -0700, Savageduck wrote:
    >>
    >>> As far as cockpit view goes, the window opens and I get nothing but the
    >>> following message;
    >>> < https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_15.jpg >

    >>
    >> I got that message in Firefox until I switched over to Internet
    >> Explorer, installed the Google Maps Plug-IN, then restarted Firefox.
    >> It still doesn't work in IE, but who cares?
    >>
    >> My dual core 3.1GHZ CPU is pegged when I do a cockpit view, so if
    >> you're running a slower machine, don't expect much.
    >>
    >> -sw

    >
    > I am running a 3.6GHz Core i5 & 8GB RAM.
    >
    > Just for giggles, I tried it with Chrome and I get the same message.
    >


    The message means you need to update google earth.
    NM5K, Sep 28, 2012
    #3
  4. Sqwertz

    Sqwertz Guest

    On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:53:22 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

    > On 2012-09-28 09:37:12 -0700, Sqwertz <> said:
    >
    >> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 22:38:43 -0700, Savageduck wrote:
    >>
    >>> As far as cockpit view goes, the window opens and I get nothing but the
    >>> following message;
    >>> < https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_15.jpg >

    >>
    >> I got that message in Firefox until I switched over to Internet
    >> Explorer, installed the Google Maps Plug-IN, then restarted Firefox.
    >> It still doesn't work in IE, but who cares?
    >>
    >> My dual core 3.1GHZ CPU is pegged when I do a cockpit view, so if
    >> you're running a slower machine, don't expect much.

    >
    > I am running a 3.6GHz Core i5 & 8GB RAM.
    >
    > Just for giggles, I tried it with Chrome and I get the same message.


    But did you install the Google maps plug-in.... I don't think it's a
    given just because you use Chrome.

    -sw
    Sqwertz, Sep 29, 2012
    #4
  5. Sqwertz

    NM5K Guest

    On 9/28/2012 12:54 PM, Savageduck wrote:

    >>
    >> The message means you need to update google earth.

    >
    > Nope!
    > My Google Earth is up to date. Just checked.
    > ...and I don't believe it is necessary to have G-Earth running while
    > accessing FlightRadar24.
    >


    Dunno.. I got the same message when I first tried to see the "Sim"
    part of it, and I had to update google earth. It's using google earth
    for the "sim" part only.
    Their "faq" says the same thing about that error.
    NM5K, Sep 29, 2012
    #5
  6. Sqwertz

    NM5K Guest

    On 9/28/2012 7:32 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

    >
    > But did you install the Google maps plug-in.... I don't think it's a
    > given just because you use Chrome.
    >
    > -sw
    >


    I had to update Google earth for that to work. It's not using google
    maps, even though they seem to label it that way. It's using google
    earth for the cockpit view.
    Mine wouldn't work with any browser until I did that.
    NM5K, Sep 29, 2012
    #6
  7. Sqwertz

    Sqwertz Guest

    On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 19:47:24 -0500, NM5K wrote:

    > On 9/28/2012 7:32 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> But did you install the Google maps plug-in.... I don't think it's a
    >> given just because you use Chrome.

    >
    > I had to update Google earth for that to work. It's not using google
    > maps, even though they seem to label it that way. It's using google
    > earth for the cockpit view.
    > Mine wouldn't work with any browser until I did that.


    I have a feeling Google Maps updated Google Earth.

    Yep - sure enough. Installing the Google Maps plug-in for IE turned
    back on the Google Update plug-in in Firefox. Boy, do I HATE Google.

    -sw
    Sqwertz, Sep 29, 2012
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    439
  2. Max
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    945
    Frank ess
    Sep 26, 2007
  3. NM5K

    Re: The Most Amazing Site!

    NM5K, Sep 26, 2012, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    243
  4. DanP

    Re: The Most Amazing Site!

    DanP, Sep 26, 2012, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    237
    PeterN
    Sep 28, 2012
  5. RichA
    Replies:
    96
    Views:
    729
    Wolfgang Weisselberg
    Jun 7, 2013
Loading...

Share This Page