Re: The Most Amazing Site!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DanP, Sep 26, 2012.

  1. DanP

    DanP Guest

    On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:20:04 AM UTC+1, Alfred Molon wrote:
    > In article <>, Eric Stevens

    > It shows no planes flying over Iran, India or China which is a bit
    >
    > strange.
    >
    > --
    >

    > Alfred Molon

    I found this in the website:
    "Flightradar24 have about 500 volunteers contributing with data from private receivers around the world. You can help us to increase coverage in your area if you have and ADS-B receiver and start to share your data with us."

    It looks like it is an public project, that is impressive.
    So, no volunteers in these parts of the world.

    DanP

    DanP, Sep 26, 2012

  2. DanP

    David Taylor Guest

    On 28/09/2012 04:24, Frank S wrote:
    []
    > It's pretty good in my neighborhood, San Diego, California; however, I
    > can hear constant (I mean CONstant) activity at MCAS Miramar, and there
    > is no data visible. Leads me to believe we can't expect to see any
    > military activity.

    To see aircraft such as military and some passenger and business flights
    which don't broadcast their position, you can use a process called
    multilateration. This is available in an amateur-priced piece of
    software called PlanePlotter:

    http://www.coaa.co.uk/planeplotter.htm

    Access to the multilateration (Mlat) feature costs a few Euros a year,
    unless you have your own receiver (costs from about 73 Euro upwards),
    when Mlat is free. There is more information about how Mlat works here:

    http://www.coaa.co.uk/multilat.pdf

    I hope you find that interesting.
    --
    Cheers,
    David

    David Taylor, Sep 28, 2012

  3. DanP

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/27/2012 11:34 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-09-27 20:24:20 -0700, "Frank S" <> said:
    >

    >> "DanP" <> wrote in message

    >>> I found this in the website:
    >>> "Flightradar24 have about 500 volunteers contributing with data from
    >>> private receivers around the world. You can help us to increase
    >>> coverage in your area if you have and ADS-B receiver and start to
    >>> share your data with us."
    >>>
    >>> It looks like it is an public project, that is impressive.
    >>> So, no volunteers in these parts of the world.
    >>>
    >>> DanP

    >> It's pretty good in my neighborhood, San Diego, California; however, I
    >> can hear constant (I mean CONstant) activity at MCAS Miramar, and
    >> there is no data visible. Leads me to believe we can't expect to see
    >> any military activity.

    > Tracking is defendant on the aircraft having an ADS-B transponder.
    > < http://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works >

    Was he prosecuted> ;-)

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 28, 2012
  4. DanP

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/28/2012 5:34 AM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2012-09-27 20:34:53 -0700, Savageduck
    > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> said:
    >
    >> On 2012-09-27 20:24:20 -0700, "Frank S" <> said:
    >>

    >>> "DanP" <> wrote in message

    >>> It's pretty good in my neighborhood, San Diego, California; however,
    >>> I can hear constant (I mean CONstant) activity at MCAS Miramar, and
    >>> there is no data visible. Leads me to believe we can't expect to see
    >>> any military activity.

    >> Tracking is defendant on the aircraft having an ADS-B transponder.
    >> < http://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works >

    > "de-f-endand"!!
    > What was I thinking? Consider the "f" replaced with a "p". :-(

    Old habits don't die easily.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Sep 28, 2012