Re: The Freedom Fighter is a good man.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Old Gringo38, Dec 1, 2010.

  1. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 04:22:58 -0600, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:

    > and he just wants the liberal American's president to stand up and be
    > honest too. He wants the U.S. Government to be honest and live up to
    > the ideals that everyone else in the world has of it.
    >
    > He also has the right to demand transparency from the U.S. Government
    > because he is a human being and not just a stupid American who can't
    > think properly.
    >
    > Here is what he says about the leaks:
    >
    > =================================
    > =================================
    > The cables show the extent of US spying on its allies and the UN;
    > turning a blind eye to corruption and human rights abuse in "client
    > states"; backroom deals with supposedly neutral countries; lobbying for
    > US corporations; and the measures US diplomats take to advance those who
    > have access to them.
    >
    > This document release reveals the contradictions between the US’s public
    > persona and what it says behind closed doors – and shows that if
    > citizens in a democracy want their governments to reflect their wishes,
    > they should ask to see what’s going on behind the scenes.
    >
    > Every American schoolchild is taught that George Washington – the
    > country’s first President – could not tell a lie. If the administrations
    > of his successors lived up to the same principle, today’s document flood
    > would be a mere embarrassment. Instead, the US Government has been
    > warning governments -- even the most corrupt -- around the world about
    > the coming leaks and is bracing itself for the exposures.
    > ================================================
    > ================================================
    >
    > See, this guy is a good human being and he is simply fighting for what's
    > right and what's good and trying to ensure that evil governments evolve
    > back into what he considers to be appropriate.
    >
    > We could all learn something from this man who is teaching lessons. All
    > we have to do is listen to his message and learn from him and become
    > better people, as Americans and as a government.


    Think hard: Do you know what a pick pocket is?
    --
    12/1/2010 7:18:05 AM CST
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have
     
    Old Gringo38, Dec 1, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Old Gringo38

    Anyone Guest

    On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 07:18:55 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:

    > On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 04:22:58 -0600, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >
    >> and he just wants the liberal American's president to stand up and be
    >> honest too. He wants the U.S. Government to be honest and live up to
    >> the ideals that everyone else in the world has of it.
    >>
    >> He also has the right to demand transparency from the U.S. Government
    >> because he is a human being and not just a stupid American who can't
    >> think properly.
    >>

    [snippage of self-justifying drivel]
    >
    > Think hard: Do you know what a pick pocket is?


    Altie (a.k.a. Capt'n Re-set) is more than a little confused about some
    things, as usual, and probably just fishing for a some usenet attention.

    I suggest "...watching the weeds grow.." (earlier message) is likely to
    be a more rewarding activity.
     
    Anyone, Dec 1, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On 01 Dec 2010 21:49:40 GMT, Anyone wrote:

    > On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 07:18:55 -0600, Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 04:22:58 -0600, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >>
    >>> and he just wants the liberal American's president to stand up and be
    >>> honest too. He wants the U.S. Government to be honest and live up to
    >>> the ideals that everyone else in the world has of it.
    >>>
    >>> He also has the right to demand transparency from the U.S. Government
    >>> because he is a human being and not just a stupid American who can't
    >>> think properly.
    >>>

    > [snippage of self-justifying drivel]
    >>
    >> Think hard: Do you know what a pick pocket is?

    >
    > Altie (a.k.a. Capt'n Re-set) is more than a little confused about some
    > things, as usual, and probably just fishing for a some usenet attention.
    >
    > I suggest "...watching the weeds grow.." (earlier message) is likely to
    > be a more rewarding activity.


    <g> Some never cease to amaze me.
    --
    12/1/2010 4:06:13 PM CST
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have
     
    Old Gringo38, Dec 1, 2010
    #3
  4. Old Gringo38

    Anyone Guest

    On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 14:52:16 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >> On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 04:22:58 -0600, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >>

    > [....]
    >>> We could all learn something from this man who is teaching lessons.

    >> All
    >>> we have to do is listen to his message and learn from him and become
    >>> better people, as Americans and as a government.

    >>
    >> Think hard: Do you know what a pick pocket is?

    >
    > Your metaphor is irrelevant. The documents were given to Assange, he
    > didnt steal them. If a man is running by you and stops and puts a 20$ in
    > your hand, is it you who is the "theif" if the 20$ was stolen?


    Not the best analogy, is it? I have not seem them, but I expect most of
    the documents -- if not all -- were not intended to be read by people who
    had no authorized access, and were so marked. Yet Assange anointed
    himself 'specially privileged', read and posted them anyway. Exactly how
    is any of that justified?
     
    Anyone, Dec 2, 2010
    #4
  5. Old Gringo38

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On 02 Dec 2010 01:22:26 GMT, Anyone wrote:

    > On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 14:52:16 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 04:22:58 -0600, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >>>

    >> [....]
    >>>> We could all learn something from this man who is teaching lessons.
    >>> All
    >>>> we have to do is listen to his message and learn from him and become
    >>>> better people, as Americans and as a government.
    >>>
    >>> Think hard: Do you know what a pick pocket is?

    >>
    >> Your metaphor is irrelevant. The documents were given to Assange, he
    >> didnt steal them. If a man is running by you and stops and puts a 20$ in
    >> your hand, is it you who is the "theif" if the 20$ was stolen?

    >
    > Not the best analogy, is it? I have not seem them, but I expect most of
    > the documents -- if not all -- were not intended to be read by people who
    > had no authorized access, and were so marked. Yet Assange anointed
    > himself 'specially privileged', read and posted them anyway. Exactly how
    > is any of that justified?


    No, and there is no comparison. If the "$20" was stolen as were the
    documents, and place in my hand I would return it/them to the
    original owner. Accepting stolen property is the same as stealing it
    yourself. Were dealing with a mental retard with no brakes, no
    brains, and no insurance. I just switched recently to a new news
    reader and his posts no longer show unless I happen to see them as in
    this instance.
    --
    12/1/2010 7:56:29 PM CST
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support Bacteria: It Is The Only Culture Some People Have
     
    Old Gringo38, Dec 2, 2010
    #5
  6. Old Gringo38

    anyone Guest

    On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 08:39:31 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > In message <>,
    > Anyone pondered the following:
    >> On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 14:52:16 -0700, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >>
    >> > Old Gringo38 wrote:
    >> >> On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 04:22:58 -0600, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >> >>
    >> > [....]
    >> >>> We could all learn something from this man who is teaching lessons.
    >> >> All
    >> >>> we have to do is listen to his message and learn from him and
    >> >>> become better people, as Americans and as a government.
    >> >>
    >> >> Think hard: Do you know what a pick pocket is?
    >> >
    >> > Your metaphor is irrelevant. The documents were given to Assange, he
    >> > didnt steal them. If a man is running by you and stops and puts a 20$
    >> > in your hand, is it you who is the "theif" if the 20$ was stolen?

    >>
    >> Not the best analogy, is it? I have not seem them, but I expect most
    >> of the documents -- if not all -- were not intended to be read by
    >> people who had no authorized access, and were so marked. Yet Assange
    >> anointed himself 'specially privileged', read and posted them anyway.
    >> Exactly how is any of that justified?

    >
    > Its no morally reprehensible than invading a country based on false
    > premises and faked intel. So in the BIGGER SCHEME OF THINGS, its less
    > evil than you suggest.


    "Quick!!! ...look over there!"

    I responded to your analogy. It was a poor choice, and not at all the
    same circumstance.

    > Obama keeps finding ways to make himself loose the next election.


    Agreed. Leaves me wondering how many times he needs a 'slap in the face'
    before it finaly dawns on him that Repugnicans aren't seriously interested
    in what may or may not be good for the country, aren't seriously
    interested in the plight of American citizens, aren't seriously interested
    in supporting their own earlier promises. They simply want to win.
    Doesn't matter how, doesn't matter why, doesn't matter what else they need
    to say or do, doesn't matter what winning will do to anyone else. They
    just wanna win, and will say or do anything to get that victory.

    One caveat: I've not yet seen any indication that the President actually
    wants to run for a second term. If that is accurate, then all the talk-
    show crowing about "...only one term" is moot. Saw an interesting quote,
    recently: "...no one who has held that office would ever congratulate the
    newly elected. (words to that effect)" Can't recall the source.

    > We know this how? Wikileaks:
    > http://motherjones.com/politics/2010/12/wikileaks-cable-obama-quashed-

    torture-in
    > vestigation
    >
    > Obama worked to kill the torture investigations. Something he said he
    > would persue. He sure is a liar :)


    I only -know- what I can find in news articles, reports, and similar
    sources (your reference is one). I cannot possibly know every other
    detail surrounding a given circumstance -- whether it was reported
    accurately, completely, objectively -- unless I was directly involved.
    For all of that I need to rely on others who are closer to the action and
    who may have authority and motivation to investigate further. Your
    reference may or may not be accurate, complete, and objective. I will
    need more information before I can believe that it is.
     
    anyone, Dec 3, 2010
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. JaR
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    2,464
  2. Jankins

    Fighter planes pictures

    Jankins, Sep 18, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    31
    Views:
    1,635
    Sexy Susan
    Sep 21, 2003
  3. J.D. Parker

    Fighter Planes (yeah more of them)

    J.D. Parker, Sep 22, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    581
    Steve
    Oct 3, 2003
  4. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    441
  5. NormanM

    Re: The Freedom Fighter is a good man.

    NormanM, Dec 1, 2010, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    413
    Old Gringo38
    Dec 1, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page