    voip phone I get no audio. I get a data stream just like a normal call but
    silence on the phone. I'm convinced there's something cooky in sipgate's
    codecs but all I get from their tech staff is shrugged shoulders.

    tg, Jul 11, 2010

  2. tg

    Chris Davies Guest

    tg <> wrote:
    > this struck a chord with me because when I dial sipgate voicemail from my
    > voip phone I get no audio.

    Generally, or when using the Cloud?

    > I'm convinced there's something cooky in sipgate's
    > codecs but all I get from their tech staff is shrugged shoulders.

    Sipgate works well for me here at home. Hence the question
    Chris

    Chris Davies, Jul 11, 2010

  3. tg

    tg Guest

    "Chris Davies" <> wrote in message
    > tg <> wrote:
    >> this struck a chord with me because when I dial sipgate voicemail from my
    >> voip phone I get no audio.

    > Generally, or when using the Cloud?

    generally.
    normal voice calls work fine, it's just the voicemail service has no audio
    from my sip phone.

    tg, Jul 11, 2010
  4. tg

    Roger Guest

    "tg" <> wrote in message

    > "Chris Davies" <> wrote in message
    >> tg <> wrote:
    >>> this struck a chord with me because when I dial sipgate voicemail from
    >>> my
    >>> voip phone I get no audio.

    >> Generally, or when using the Cloud?

    > generally.
    > normal voice calls work fine, it's just the voicemail service has no audio
    > from my sip phone.

    The same happens if you use a 3CX exchange to call sipgate voicemail on any
    ISP connection- no audio - but all other calls to and via sipgate work fine.
    Theres a number of threads about it on the 3CX forums.

    Roger, Jul 11, 2010
  5. tg

    Chris Davies Guest

    Roger <> wrote:
    > The same happens if you use a 3CX exchange to call sipgate voicemail on any
    > ISP connection- no audio - but all other calls to and via sipgate work fine.
    > Theres a number of threads about it on the 3CX forums.

    Skimming through
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/sipgate-voicemail-silent-10529.html I'd
    almost put money on it being the SIP processing algorithm in the user's
    modem/router. Turn that off and SIP would likely work again. (Duh.)

    If you're thinking of some other issue you'll have to point me to it as
    I didn't see one on a quick search.

    Chris

    Chris Davies, Jul 13, 2010
  6. tg

    tg Guest

    tg, Jul 14, 2010
  7. In article <4c3e1241$0$28011$>,
    tg <> wrote:
    >> Skimming through
    >> http://www.3cx.com/forums/sipgate-voicemail-silent-10529.html I'd
    >> almost put money on it being the SIP processing algorithm in the user's
    >> modem/router. Turn that off and SIP would likely work again. (Duh.)

    >and exactly which SIP processing algorithm would that be?

    He probably means the SIP ALG - Application Layer Gateway - a layer of
    software which ironically breaks most SIP connections through routers
    that have it installed...

    No use to the OP though who doesn't have control over the routers used in
    "The Cloud" Wi-Fi network as supplied in MacD's...

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Jul 14, 2010
  8. tg

    Roger Guest

    > tg <> wrote:
    >> this struck a chord with me because when I dial sipgate voicemail from
    >> my voip phone I get no audio.

    >> normal voice calls work fine, it's just the voicemail service has no
    >> audio
    >> from my sip phone.

    > Roger <> wrote:
    >> The same happens if you use a 3CX exchange to call sipgate voicemail on
    >> any
    >> ISP connection- no audio - but all other calls to and via sipgate work
    >> fine.
    >> Theres a number of threads about it on the 3CX forums.

    > Skimming through
    > http://www.3cx.com/forums/sipgate-voicemail-silent-10529.html I'd
    > almost put money on it being the SIP processing algorithm in the user's
    > modem/router. Turn that off and SIP would likely work again. (Duh.)
    >
    > If you're thinking of some other issue you'll have to point me to it as
    > I didn't see one on a quick search.
    >
    > Chris

    But in the same thread on 3CX someone with this problem on their LAN CAN
    hear the voicemail prompts if they connect by WIFI on the same network using
    their Nokia mobile which would tend to suggest its not just the router/modem
    but a combination of the router and SIP client that cause the problem .
    Either way all I wanted to point out was that it isn't just a problem at
    "The Cloud". What I never understood is how come all other calls to sipgate
    work fine - including, PSTN and calls to 10000 but calls to 50000 dont
    work - weird.

    Roger, Jul 15, 2010