Re: The Cloud in McDonald's - no incoming audio on Sipgate?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Brian A, Jul 7, 2010.

  1. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 19:02:30 +0100, Pheasant Plucker® wrote:

    > I was sat in McDonald's UK this morning connected to The Cloud and
    > thought I would test the operation of my VoIP accounts via Acrobits
    > Softphone on my iPhone via Wi-Fi.
    >
    > Rang 904 the echo-test number on DrayTel, GismoTel & VoIPtalk and heard
    > the recorded message as expected.
    >
    > However with Sipgate although the handset was registered and the call
    > was connected as the call timer was being incremented after dialling
    > 10000 I could hear no incoming audio at all.
    >
    > Switched off Wi-Fi and rang via 3G and I could hear the pre-recorded
    > voice this time.
    >
    > Switched back to Wi-Fi and once again the call connected but I couldn't
    > hear the voice.
    >
    > This was repeatable between two different McDonald's restaurants this
    > morning...
    >
    > Not wishing to sound like a conspiracy theorist but is there something
    > going on between The Cloud & Sipagte that prevents my listening to
    > incoming audio? ;^)

    Some work OK without port forwarding and others don't?

    --
    Please remove 'no_spam_' from email address. SAVE THE BBC Sign petition
    http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_bbc/
    Brian A, Jul 7, 2010

  2. Brian A

    Bodincus Guest

    (07/07/10 11:21), Brian A:
    > On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 19:02:30 +0100, Pheasant Plucker® wrote:
    >
    >> I was sat in McDonald's UK this morning connected to The Cloud and
    >> thought I would test the operation of my VoIP accounts via Acrobits
    >> Softphone on my iPhone via Wi-Fi.
    >>
    >> Rang 904 the echo-test number on DrayTel, GismoTel& VoIPtalk and heard
    >> the recorded message as expected.
    >>
    >> However with Sipgate although the handset was registered and the call
    >> was connected as the call timer was being incremented after dialling
    >> 10000 I could hear no incoming audio at all.
    >>
    >> Switched off Wi-Fi and rang via 3G and I could hear the pre-recorded
    >> voice this time.
    >>
    >> Switched back to Wi-Fi and once again the call connected but I couldn't
    >> hear the voice.
    >>
    >> This was repeatable between two different McDonald's restaurants this
    >> morning...
    >>
    >> Not wishing to sound like a conspiracy theorist but is there something
    >> going on between The Cloud& Sipagte that prevents my listening to
    >> incoming audio? ;^)

    > Some work OK without port forwarding and others don't?

    On roaming clients I strongly recommend the use of an outbound proxy.

    --
    Bodincus - The Y2K Druid
    Bodincus, Jul 7, 2010