Re: THE BEST KEPT SECRETS OF THE COMPUTER UNDERGROUND

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by The Saint, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. The Saint

    The Saint Guest

    Lars M. Hansen wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 06:58:33 -0400, mto spoketh
    >

    >>"CyberDroog" <DoILookLikeIWantSpam?@duh.net> wrote in message
    >><SNIP>>
    >>> A copyright notice, and then she posts it on Usenet making it public
    >>> domain...
    >>>

    >>Please don't perpetuate mythology!
    >>
    >>Posting to Usenet does not invalidate copyright nor place anything whatever
    >>(including this) in the public domain unless specifically so stated in terms
    >>such as "Released to the public domain."
    >>
    >>Note that under DMCA an author's writings do not have to be accompanied by a
    >>specific copyright notice, nor do they have to be registered with the
    >>copyright office. Copyright law applies at the moment of composition - even
    >>to Usenet.
    >>

    >Regardless, copyright applies to "original works". There's nothing
    >original in Debbies dabbling attempts at writing.

    Absolutely. And I'm quite sure Debbie hasn't applied for a copyright
    anyhow. http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ66.html

    Besides, there are some things you can't copyright, like "Works that
    have not been fixed in a tangible form of expression". And "Works
    consisting entirely of information that is common property..."

    She's just an ignorant bitch of a troll who likes to spam her joke
    book in irrelevant newsgroups. A boil on the ass of Usenet.
    The Saint, Aug 12, 2003