Re: THE BEST KEPT SECRETS OF THE COMPUTER UNDERGROUND

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by StephenCrichton@isp.gw, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 06:58:33 -0400, "mto"
    <> wrote:

    >Please don't perpetuate mythology!
    >
    >Posting to Usenet does not invalidate copyright nor place anything whatever
    >(including this) in the public domain unless specifically so stated in terms
    >such as "Released to the public domain."
    >
    >Note that under DMCA an author's writings do not have to be accompanied by a
    >specific copyright notice, nor do they have to be registered with the
    >copyright office. Copyright law applies at the moment of composition - even
    >to Usenet.

    Silly goober! Here in Gondawanaland we don't recognize either your
    silly Run DMC or Copyright "laws". In fact, I'm taking Hemorrhoid's
    entire Computer Underground text and publishing it under my own name.
    You can already buy it on Amazon.com for .01 Gilders.

    --
    Stephen Crichton
    Author of "Jurasalem's Parking Lot"

  2. CyberDroog Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:29:35 GMT, wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 06:58:33 -0400, "mto"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Note that under DMCA an author's writings do not have to be accompanied by a
    >>specific copyright notice, nor do they have to be registered with the
    >>copyright office. Copyright law applies at the moment of composition - even
    >>to Usenet.

    >Silly goober! Here in Gondawanaland we don't recognize either your
    >silly Run DMC or Copyright "laws". In fact, I'm taking Hemorrhoid's
    >entire Computer Underground text and publishing it under my own name.
    >You can already buy it on Amazon.com for .01 Gilders.

    You may as well. Debbie plagiarized most of it and pieced it together with
    her own psychotic grammar.

    --
    APPEAL, v.t. In law, to put the dice into the box for another throw.

    - Ambrose Bierce
    CyberDroog, Aug 12, 2003