Re: The AMD 2 x 6400 seems to have dis-appeared...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by J Brockley, Sep 3, 2008.

  1. J Brockley

    J Brockley Guest

    "thing2" <> wrote in message
    > has anyone seen any article listing how long the,
    >
    > "AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ (3GHz) 2x1MB Cache *Dual Core* 2000Mhz Socket AM2
    > CPU + Fan Retail Boxed"
    >
    > is going to be available for? I'd like to get one but xmas looks like the
    > plan, dunno if I dare leave it that long....
    >
    > :/
    >
    > regards
    >
    > thing

    www.pricespy.co.nz

    I think the only risk you run is it might get cheaper.

    J Brockley, Sep 3, 2008

  2. J Brockley

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "thing" typed:
    > J Brockley wrote:
    >> "thing2" <> wrote in message
    >>> has anyone seen any article listing how long the,
    >>>
    >>> "AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ (3GHz) 2x1MB Cache *Dual Core* 2000Mhz Socket
    >>> AM2 CPU + Fan Retail Boxed"
    >>>
    >>> is going to be available for? I'd like to get one but xmas looks
    >>> like the plan, dunno if I dare leave it that long....
    >>>
    >>> :/
    >>>
    >>> regards
    >>>
    >>> thing

    >> www.pricespy.co.nz
    >>
    >> I think the only risk you run is it might get cheaper.
    >>

    > Yep Ive found the 6000+ but I really wanted the 6400+ which is not on
    > price spy, or anywhere else...but at $170 for the 6000+ I will
    > settle....just last time I waited to afford a CPU it went off the
    > market first.
    >
    > :/
    >
    > An example would be the 939 socketed cpus...I waited too long.

    Sorry mate, I'm not up-to-date on AMD's 'road map'. Perhaps you could email
    a supplier and ask? Maybe get them to let you know whenit's no longer listed
    but they have stock if you have a history with them or simply email them (or
    a different supplier) every few weeks and check. Maybe even email AMD?

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 3, 2008

  3. J Brockley

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "thing2" typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarweb "thing" typed:

    >>> Yep Ive found the 6000+ but I really wanted the 6400+ which is not
    >>> on price spy, or anywhere else...but at $170 for the 6000+ I will
    >>> settle....just last time I waited to afford a CPU it went off the
    >>> market first.
    >>>
    >>> :/
    >>>
    >>> An example would be the 939 socketed cpus...I waited too long.

    >> Sorry mate, I'm not up-to-date on AMD's 'road map'. Perhaps you
    >> could email a supplier and ask? Maybe get them to let you know
    >> whenit's no longer listed but they have stock if you have a history
    >> with them or simply email them (or a different supplier) every few
    >> weeks and check. Maybe even email AMD? Cheers,

    > Hi,
    >
    > I think I will just buy it....I was going to buy a game (spore) and
    > that's $109, will spend a bit more and get the CPU instead.

    I think that's a good move. It's not silly money and it'd be a shame to miss
    it and then have to upgrade your mobo sooner because of it.

    > Principally because EA have yet to fix the issue with Spore Creator I
    > bought and its now a month...it seems to be their DRM stuffing
    > up...so I might just wait on the game...So far their one reply is
    > give us your credit card details you purchased it with....my reply, I
    > bought it at Noel Leemings using cash (it was $15)....

    Heh! I've had nothing to do with EA for a while now.

    Enjoy your new CPU. :)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 4, 2008
  4. J Brockley

    ~misfit~ Guest

    >>> Yep Ive found the 6000+ but I really wanted the 6400+ which is not
    >>> on price spy, or anywhere else...but at $170 for the 6000+ I will
    >>> settle....just last time I waited to afford a CPU it went off the
    >>> market first.

    Oh, just checked OC Zone for the 6400+:

    http://www.nzoczone.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_28&products_id=6292

    Or bare CPU:

    http://www.nzoczone.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_28&products_id=7382

    I've had no trouble with OC Zone and have used them a bit. Email them and
    check they still have it maybe?

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 4, 2008
  5. J Brockley

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "thing2" typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarweb "thing2" typed:

    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I think I will just buy it....I was going to buy a game (spore) and
    >>> that's $109, will spend a bit more and get the CPU instead.

    >> I think that's a good move. It's not silly money and it'd be a shame
    >> to miss it and then have to upgrade your mobo sooner because of it.
    >>
    >>> Principally because EA have yet to fix the issue with Spore Creator
    >>> I bought and its now a month...it seems to be their DRM stuffing
    >>> up...so I might just wait on the game...So far their one reply is
    >>> give us your credit card details you purchased it with....my reply,
    >>> I bought it at Noel Leemings using cash (it was $15)....

    >> Heh! I've had nothing to do with EA for a while now.
    >>
    >> Enjoy your new CPU. :)

    > I will see how OC zone reply on that CPU...
    >
    > thanks!

    NP, they tend to have a good selection of CPUs and mobos listed.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 4, 2008