Re: "The 10th Kingdom" Widescreen vs.Full-screen

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by The Widower Scally, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Lori wrote:
    > "The Widower Scally" <> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >> Scally: Dear Mr. Hole. Sometimes full-frame presentations of open-matte
    >> films can reveal frightening, disturbing things the projectors didn't want
    >> you to see. Allow me to share with you a little story to help you understand
    >> the sheer urgency of what I mean. When I was but a lad of 10 back in the
    >> summer of '84,

    > Holey Kirstie Alley panties on a stick, Scally is going to be turning the
    > *BIG 3-0* next year??!!?
    >
    > My how time flies. *wipes tear*
    >
    > OK, carry on, nothing more to see here.

    Scally: HI! How are you? Are you still available? Do you mind me looking at your
    genitals? I'm actually going to be turning the BIGGER 3-1 next year (I turned 11 in
    the fall of '84).

    Unless you're talking Usenet years, in which case I turned 6 in the fall of '84.
    Also, I weigh 105 and am a professional model.

    TWS
    The rec.arts.tv Drinking Game v. 3.2

    * Boardwalk7 gets the "American Dreams" episode number wrong -- one shot
    * Someone wonders where Tiny is -- one drink
    * Someone wonders where that dumb **** who undervalued my involvement in the creation
    of that newsgroup devoted to my favourite drama series of all time and whom I hope is
    dead is -- one screwdriver
    * Matt Ackeret shills Netflix -- three shots at a time
    * Morehits4u makes a post that uses the words "cleavage" and "argh" -- one spoon of
    syrup of ipecac
    * WQ defends ABC -- a six-pack of Coors
    * WQ defends ABC and [edited] in the same sentence -- a six-pack of Coors Light
    * Ubiquitous posts his broken Troll O Meter, with the needle that's always stuck at
    0 -- one jug
    * dannypena71 takes note of Laura San Giacomo's mammoth, sagging teats -- two jugs
    * KalElFan shares his secret of Better TV Through Temporal Mobility -- one fistful of
    Dramamine dissolved in Metamucil
    * Something pisses a default user off -- one can of warm beer (any kind)
    * Zach Horan spoils another episode of "Judging Amy" -- one can of warm American beer
    (preferably Coors Light)
    * Phil from Chicago starts a new WWE thread that TyrC, Brian Henke, Shell824 and
    Zombie Elvis have been anxiously awaiting -- one Lemon Gatorade
    * Chris Assaf creates a new show that PAX is interested in -- one shot; repeat the
    process until you vomit and pass out on the person sitting next to you
    * Roger Blake curses modern society for forgetting to send him a memo -- one glass of
    rum and New Coke
    * Jorabi curses the day Lucille Ball invited a studio audience to come see her
    four-camera sitcom -- one screaming viking
    * Ian J. Ball praises network executives. Except for the part where he refers to them
    as "goons." -- three shots of creme de mint; if no creme de mint is handy, substitute
    with Listerine
    * You see the words "Don't cry." -- one gin and arsenic
    * ughvichian creates a new poll about 1) unresolved cliffhangers, 2) cop-out endings,
    or 3) lame deus ex machinas -- one keg
    * Jonathan Allen convinces another "ET" fan to switch to "AH" -- one bottle of Pepto
    Bismol
    * tim gueguen writes nothing of value -- one shot to the temple
    * Scally cancels your favourite show -- chug

    The Widower Scally, Jun 25, 2003

  2. The Widower Scally

    Tim Weaver Guest

    The Widower Scally wrote:
    <snip>
    > Scally: HI! How are you? Are you still available? Do you mind me
    > looking at your genitals? I'm actually going to be turning the BIGGER
    > 3-1 next year (I turned 11 in the fall of '84).

    Well, *do* you mind me looking at your genitals?

    > Unless you're talking Usenet years, in which case I turned 6 in the
    > fall of '84. Also, I weigh 105 and am a professional model.

    Six-year-old Usenet genitalia is OK as long as the poster can add 12 to the
    RL age. So, do you mind? Can I look? Stare? Ogle? Send me a picture?

    --
    Tim Weaver

    "I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
    But I am not sure that what you heard is not what I meant."

    Tim Weaver, Jun 25, 2003

  3. Tim Weaver wrote:
    > The Widower Scally wrote:
    > <snip>
    >> Scally: HI! How are you? Are you still available? Do you mind me
    >> looking at your genitals? I'm actually going to be turning the BIGGER
    >> 3-1 next year (I turned 11 in the fall of '84).

    > Well, *do* you mind me looking at your genitals?
    >
    >> Unless you're talking Usenet years, in which case I turned 6 in the
    >> fall of '84. Also, I weigh 105 and am a professional model.

    > Six-year-old Usenet genitalia is OK as long as the poster can add 12 to the
    > RL age. So, do you mind? Can I look? Stare? Ogle? Send me a picture?

    Scally: Hi. Is your name short for Timothea? This is very important, as I can't
    answer your questions until I know the answer to my own.

    The Widower Scally, Jun 26, 2003
  4. The Widower Scally

    Lori Guest

    "The Widower Scally" <> wrote:

    >Lori wrote:
    >> "The Widower Scally" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>> Scally: Dear Mr. Hole. Sometimes full-frame presentations of open-matte
    >>> films can reveal frightening, disturbing things the projectors didn't want
    >>> you to see. Allow me to share with you a little story to help you understand
    >>> the sheer urgency of what I mean. When I was but a lad of 10 back in the
    >>> summer of '84,

    >> Holey Kirstie Alley panties on a stick, Scally is going to be turning the
    >> *BIG 3-0* next year??!!?
    >>
    >> My how time flies. *wipes tear*
    >>
    >> OK, carry on, nothing more to see here.

    >Scally: HI! How are you?

    I'm fine. How are you?

    > Are you still available?

    For weddings, bar mitzvas, and birthday parties!

    >Do you mind me looking at your genitals?

    Yes. I'm rather shy.

    >I'm actually going to be turning the BIGGER 3-1 next year (I turned 11 in
    >the fall of '84).

    Were you responsible for that Michael Jackson hair-burning incident??

    >Unless you're talking Usenet years, in which case I turned 6 in the fall of '84.
    >Also, I weigh 105 and am a professional model.

    So you are Mr. Hole's evil twin. I suspected this all along.

    --
    "You can't copyright a hard-on." - recook77

    Lori, Jul 1, 2003