Re: That slapping mirror

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pete D, Jul 6, 2008.

  1. Pete D

    Pete D Guest

    "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Took the plunge and just bought my first DLSR. Could so far afford the
    > luxury of using cameras without slapping mirrors (my last camera was a
    > Sony R1).
    >
    > Well, this slapping mirror is really an earthquake. When you press the
    > shutter, it makes the entire camera vibrate.
    > I'm still awaiting delivery of a 70-300mm lens, but I'm wondering if
    > this slapping mirror will compromise sharpness at long focal lengths.
    > What is the solution here? Using MLU for every shot can't be an option.

    Mmmm, obviously you have never used a film SLR, the modern D-SLRs are much
    quieter. You don't get anything for nothing mate, get over it.
    Pete D, Jul 6, 2008

  2. Pete D

    Pete D Guest

    "Alan Browne" <> wrote in message
    > Pete D wrote:
    >

    >> Mmmm, obviously you have never used a film SLR, the modern D-SLRs are
    >> much quieter. You don't get anything for nothing mate, get over it.

    > The Elan 7 was well noted for very quiet mirror slap.
    >
    > My Maxxum 9 woke up dead people on occasion.

    My KM is pretty clunky but the trees don't mind too much. ;-)
    Pete D, Jul 7, 2008

  3. Pete D

    > In article <48713251$0$7211$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
    > 01.iinet.net.au>, Pete D says...
    >>
    >> Mmmm, obviously you have never used a film SLR, the modern D-SLRs are
    >> much
    >> quieter.

    > Perhaps because the mirror in an APS-C DLSR is smaller.
    > --

    My DS is quite clunky compared to my K10D but still not bad compared to film
    KM.
    Pete D, Jul 7, 2008