Re: Tesco Internet Phone Replacement?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Graham., Mar 15, 2010.

  1. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "Orkibo" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Tesco have withdrawn their ability to buy top-up vouchers for their
    > Tesco Internet Phone product, giving payment options of credit/debit
    > card or direct debit only, which I'm not entirely happy with.
    >
    > Does anybody know of another provider which gives a set amount of
    > minutes, (Tesco have a soft limit of 1000/month), for under a fiver that
    > can be paid either in cash or via PayPal?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

    Yes, smartvoip.com.
    Minimum topup is 15 Euros plus 70 cents handling fee (exc 19% vat)

    If that's too much for you in one go you can use
    smslisto.com
    minimum topup 10 euros + 70 cents + vat.
    Both the above Betmax are outbound calls only, you can continue to use your Tesco
    service for incoming calls hardware permitting.
    I can suggest various solutions if that's a problem.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Mar 15, 2010

  2. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "Orkibo" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On 15/03/2010 18:19, Graham. wrote:
    >> "Orkibo" <> wrote in message news:...
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Tesco have withdrawn their ability to buy top-up vouchers for their
    >>> Tesco Internet Phone product, giving payment options of credit/debit
    >>> card or direct debit only, which I'm not entirely happy with.
    >>>
    >>> Does anybody know of another provider which gives a set amount of
    >>> minutes, (Tesco have a soft limit of 1000/month), for under a fiver that
    >>> can be paid either in cash or via PayPal?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

    >> Yes, smartvoip.com.
    >> Minimum topup is 15 Euros plus 70 cents handling fee (exc 19% vat)
    >>
    >> If that's too much for you in one go you can use
    >> smslisto.com
    >> minimum topup 10 euros + 70 cents + vat.
    >> Both the above Betmax are outbound calls only, you can continue to use your Tesco
    >> service for incoming calls hardware permitting.
    >> I can suggest various solutions if that's a problem.
    >>

    > Thanks for that Graham, I'll bear it in mind.
    >
    > Had TescoCS convert my account to PAYG today, and I've been trying out
    > LocalPhone after having it confirmed that the cost of calling the UK is
    > 0.5p/min even after their "March Madness" promotion. They have given me
    > a little credit to make some test calls which I'm going to do tomorrow.
    >
    > Minimum top-up is £10 but they do accept PayPal which means it's all
    > good, and the credit is good for up to a year after last making a
    > chargeable call so the 2000mins which the £10 will give me will last, or
    > *should* last me quite some time with a bit of luck.
    >
    > If the test calls don't go well, then I'll sign up with SmartVoip.
    >
    > Thanks for the heads-up, appreciate it. :)

    Bear in mind that Localphone want to charge you 8.9p/m to call a UK mobile
    and 11.8p/m to a "3" mobile
    Smartvoip is 5.5p/m to all UK networks, and UK landlines (within reason) are free.
    Paypal accepted :)

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%