Re: telnet access to vpn concentrator 3015

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by John Guenther, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. mikey-s wrote:
    > It is really annoying ... trying to set up https access to a remote
    > VPN concentrator (that's in production), I have telnet access via a
    > few hops around the inside remote network
    >
    > but what do yo do when they don't give you a "back" option if you were
    > just looking around?
    >
    > ... besides letting the session timeout as has happeend while hjoining
    > this grp and writing this email ... yay!
    >
    > Any help appreciated

    If you are referring to https access for remote VPN Concentrator
    administration, the session timeout is configurable. I prefer the HTTPS
    Concentrator manager to the telnet menu access myself. Yes, group
    parameters such as group passwords have to be entered if that menu
    choice is selected via the telnet user menu interface. That can be a
    real hassle.

    John Guenther, Apr 1, 2004