Re: telephone phishing...

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Graham., Oct 16, 2013.

  1. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 13:45:23 +0100, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
    <> wrote:

    >Here's one...
    >Just had an automated call (number unavailable) which goes along the
    >lines of:
    >"Important Information; Barclays, NatWest, Lloyds account holders, you
    >are entitled to a refund on your account. For more information press 5"
    >
    >What is the nature of these calls? Presume simply pressing 5 can't cause
    >any charges in any way. Perhaps it's verifying that the person called is
    >gullible and a great target for a call back from a fake bank operator
    >that might ask for Bank card details and CVV number (for security
    >verification only obviously)
    >:¬)
    >
    >Never had one like this before.
    >
    >Cheers
    >Pete@

    PPI claims management it's probably not a scam, but that doesn't
    preclude them from being parasites.

    I thought OFCOM frowned on cold callers withholding their number, I
    wonder if their frown is worse than their bite?

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Oct 16, 2013