Re: Technet Briefing

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Neil, May 19, 2004.

  1. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=" <> wrote
    in news::

    > Has anyone been to one of these before? I'm going to my first one
    > tommorrow and was wondering if I should bring a pillow? Hopefully
    > it'll be chock full o' useful information, but I was wondering if any

    of
    > you have been to one before and if you'd relate your experience and
    > impressions.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ed
    > aka Sandworm

    they're ok. they are usually just a show and tell of new tech. looks like
    SMS and MOM (I assume you are going to the Toronto show) will be the big
    items tomorrow. I wont be there (on the down side for you<grin>) but,
    hey, it's a free t-shirt

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 19, 2004

  2. <> wrote
    > Has anyone been to one of these before? I'm going to my first one
    > tommorrow and was wondering if I should bring a pillow? Hopefull
    > it'll be chock full o' useful information, but I was wondering if any of
    > you have been to one before and if you'd relate your experience an
    > impressions.
    >> Thanks,

    > aka Sandwor

    they're ok. they are usually just a show and tell of new tech. looks like
    SMS and MOM (I assume you are going to the Toronto show) will be the big
    items tomorrow. I wont be there (on the down side for you<grin>) but,
    hey, it's a free t-shir

    --
    Neil MCNGP #3
    "you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?

    Neil,
    Actually I'm in Orlando, FL (Low wage capital of the world, yahoo),
    I thought it'd be a good one to go to as I'm working on my 70-22
    and the second session of the morning is "Exchange 2003 — Recovery
    and Preparedness Strategies". I know it won't apply to my 70-22
    so much but I'm gonna need to upgrade to 2003 eventually and
    I need to go ahead and start networking with some locals anyway.

    First of the morning is "Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 Technical Overview

    I'm looking forward to the t-shirt now though

    Thanks for the heads up,
    Ed Wallick (6down1togo
    aka sandworm
    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=, May 19, 2004

  3. Neil

    LnkWizard Guest

    At the last two I attended they were even nice enough to give out
    Not For Resale copies of Office 2003.

    ---
    LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5

    ---

    LnkWizard, May 19, 2004
  4. Sandworm - im going to that one also - at Waterford Lakes?

    Michael San Filippo, May 19, 2004
  5. ----- Michael San Filippo wrote: ----

    >> Sandworm - im going to that one also - at Waterford Lakes

    Michael,

    Yep, that's the one, maybe we should stick around after it's over
    for a free movie?

    It'll be nice to meet ya,
    Ed Wallic
    aka sandwor
    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=, May 19, 2004
  6. Neil

    Vernon Guest

    They also gave out "Microsoft Security Encyclopedia by Mitch Tulloch" ..Not
    bad when you add all these goodies together.....

    Vernon, May 19, 2004
  7. Hey man, sorry I didnt get back to ya in time - would have loved it

    Which Seminars did you go to?

    Michael San Filippo, May 21, 2004
  8. >>----- Michael San Filippo wrote: ----

    >> Hey man, sorry I didnt get back to ya in time - would have loved i

    >> Which Seminars did you go to

    I went to
    >>"Exchange 2003 — Recovery and Preparedness Strategies
    >>"Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 Technical Overview

    The two morning lecture's, it was good, there was some good info,
    though I didn't get nearly the goodies some of these guys talked about.
    But I did get the free t-shirt, so it wasn't a total wash. Apparently
    Microsoft is giving all the really good stuff to people in India so they can
    get all the jobs that are being sent off-shore, per Neil in the attached
    post.

    Too bad they don't seem to appreciate the Americans that
    are spending so much money and time getting their MCSE. Apparentl
    we don't even rate the importance to get the 30% discount, becaus
    as everyone knows we Americans have money to burn, I'm sure my
    wife and kids will be glad to know that.

    Hopefully, braindumpers and the current offshore situation won't
    have made this last 13 months I've spent getting my MCSE a waste
    I believe when I do get my next cert it's going to be CCNA, no need to
    be completely "Micro-centric" if their not going to show any extraordinar
    loyalty to the US market when it was this country that made M$ what
    they are today, I mean even with their huge budget surplus, ($60 billion,
    that's with a B:
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040521/ap_on_bi_ge/microsoft_benefit_cuts_5their cutting)
    their own employee's medical benefits and diverting the additional
    costs to their own workers?

    Thanks for checking in though, hope to catch you at another one.
    Ed, aka Sandwor

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=, May 21, 2004
  9. =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=, May 21, 2004
  10. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=" <> wrote
    in news::

    > Apparently
    > Microsoft is giving all the really good stuff to people in India so
    > they can get all the jobs that are being sent off-shore, per Neil in
    > the attached post.

    BUT I'M NOT BITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 21, 2004
  11. ----- Neil wrote: ----

    "=?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=" <> wrot
    in news::

    > Apparently
    > Microsoft is giving all the really good stuff to people in India s
    > they can get all the jobs that are being sent off-shore, per Neil i
    > the attached post.

    BUT I'M NOT BITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    --
    Neil MCNGP #3
    "you'd do what, to who, for how many biscuits?

    But I wouldn't blame you if you were, I mean I'm new to
    the industry and it pisses me off. So I can't imagine the
    frustration you must feel. M$ is almost as bad as Disne
    and their BS.

    C-ya round,
    Ed Wallick aka Sandworm
    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHdvcm0=?=, May 21, 2004