Re: TC cable modem rental

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by splat, Apr 23, 2004.

  1. splat

    splat Guest

    "Palm" <stinky1stinky@[nospam]hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Just thought I'd share this with you guys :

    /me puts on my cynics hat and translates

    ><snip>

    > Answer from TC:
    > Thank you for your feedback.

    TRANSLATION: your feedback will be ignored

    > As you have found out, this option should be available in the near future.

    TRANSLATION: the future is a very long time

    > We do not have any definate time frames for this.

    TRANSLATION: see previous translation

    > Have you selected to be
    > contacted when this is available? I have enclosed the link, for you to do
    > this if you have not already.

    TRANSLATION: be aware that we will ignore that too

    https://telstraclear.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/telstraclear.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid
    > If you have any further queries, check out our online help, or call us,
    > tollfree on 0508 888 800.

    TRANSLATION: don't contact me again

    > Kind Regards
    > Julie
    > TelstraClear Customer Care

    TRANSLATION: who the f#$% gave my details to these pricks we call customers?

    > Still really sucks can't be that hard to allow people to use own modems

    > Oh well just sit and wait ...J

    Of course its not hard. Its called making excessive profits at the expense
    of the customer. Their customer service is soooooo bad, they actually make
    Telescum look like angels.

    splat, Apr 23, 2004

  2. splat

    Jake Collins Guest

    Have had the same answer for nearly a year now. Surely these guys should be
    answerable to someone...Fair Go? Consumer magazine? The Fair Trading Act?

    How can they be allowed to advertise their broadband offerings for one price
    and then in tiny letters tell you that a $10.95 (or more if you are on one
    of the old plans) extra compulsory charge applies to all accounts for cable
    modem rental. How can this type of price structure be legal?

    Jake Collins, Apr 23, 2004

  3. On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:27:33 +1200, Jake Collins wrote:

    > How can they be allowed to advertise their broadband offerings for one price
    > and then in tiny letters tell you that a $10.95 (or more if you are on one
    > of the old plans) extra compulsory charge applies to all accounts for cable
    > modem rental. How can this type of price structure be legal?

    It's not. That's what got airlines whapped last year (compulsary
    extra charges in small print)

    Have you filed complaints about it? The regulators can't act until someone
    complains.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Apr 24, 2004
  4. On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:19:29 +0200, Uncle StoatWarbler
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:27:33 +1200, Jake Collins wrote:
    >
    >> How can they be allowed to advertise their broadband offerings for one price
    >> and then in tiny letters tell you that a $10.95 (or more if you are on one
    >> of the old plans) extra compulsory charge applies to all accounts for cable
    >> modem rental. How can this type of price structure be legal?

    >It's not. That's what got airlines whapped last year (compulsary
    >extra charges in small print)
    >
    >Have you filed complaints about it? The regulators can't act until someone
    >complains.

    Bundling Modems in the US is illegal..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Apr 24, 2004