Re: Tamron vs. Nikkor -- who can tell?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bowser, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. Bowser

    Bowser Guest

    FWIW, I can tell. When I shoot a sharp film, and make a big enlargement,
    there's a world of difference. But if all you're looking at is 4 x 6 prints,
    then you may not see much difference.

    Bottom line, if that Tamron provides the kind of results you want, nothing
    else, or anybody else's opinion should matter. Only you can judge whether or
    not you're satisfied.

    "John in San Diego" <> wrote in message
    > I own a Nikon D100 with a $600 Nikkor and $200 Tamron lens. I know that

    the
    > Nikkor is the better lens, technically, but my end results with the
    > 28mm-300mm Tamron are just as awesome!
    >
    > I've NEVER looked at a photo and said "Oh, that never could have been

    taken
    > by a cheap lens." Honestly, can you true photography experts out there

    look
    > at a well-composed photo, that's razor sharp, and even tell what lens was
    > used???
    >
    > If not, then isn't lots of this lens comparison talk just HYPE? After

    all,

    Bowser, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Bowser-

    I think you hit the nail on the head. Thanks for your valued input, and to all you others who replied...

    John

    John in San Diego, Aug 24, 2003