Re: Talk like a pirate day

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by No Spam, Sep 18, 2008.

  1. No Spam

    No Spam Guest

    "C J Campbell" <> wrote in message
    news:2008091809495375249-christophercampbell@hotmailcom...
    > September 19 is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Not only should all
    > posts be in Pirate, but discussions with photography clients and other
    > photographers should be in Pirate as well.

    So RichA would be a barnacle covered scurvy dog?

    He uses PhotoShop CS3 version Arr,

    No Spam, Sep 18, 2008

  2. C J Campbell <> wrote:

    > "Privateer" be fightin' words reserved for spammers.

    Most cerrrtainly not!
    A privateer, for example, a certain Sir Francis Drake, is often
    a very honorable person.

    A privateer basically outfits his own warship (with money from
    respectable businessmen, who back him) and gets paid by taking
    enemy ships as prises. A privateer is chartered by a government.
    A pirate gone leggit, if you squint a bit.

    A spammer, matey, now, that's the bastard master of a slave ship
    who kills and tortures 'cargo' and crew for sport. Arrr.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Sep 18, 2008

  3. Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

    > C J Campbell <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Privateer" be fightin' words reserved for spammers.

    > Most cerrrtainly not!
    > A privateer, for example, a certain Sir Francis Drake, is often
    > a very honorable person.
    >
    > A privateer basically outfits his own warship (with money from
    > respectable businessmen, who back him) and gets paid by taking
    > enemy ships as prises. A privateer is chartered by a government.
    > A pirate gone leggit, if you squint a bit.

    Arr, but squintin' when ye only has one eye makes things dim.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 18, 2008
  4. No Spam

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:59:11 -0700, C J Campbell wrote:

    > Ye land lubber! A pirate has two eyes, good as yours, maybe better. The
    > patch, laddy, is so that one eye is used to the dark. Makes it easier
    > to see when you go below decks, me boy. When you are standin' by to
    > repel boarders, there be no time for an eye to adjust to the dark
    > below, so in battle we wears a patch over one eye. When we goes below,
    > we flips up the patch.

    That was then, this is now. All good pirates know from the days
    when they were but wee scouts that it's wise to be prepared.
    Today's pirates know that when they're attacking and trying to board
    treasure laden Spanish frigates that their boarding parties will
    have to fend off blazing muskets and Canons. And after being
    temporarily blinded by their flashes and preflashes they'll still
    have to be able to advance. That's when they flips up them patches
    matey, or they pays a visit to Davy Jones. Arrrr.

    --
    Asaarrrrr

    ASAAR, Sep 19, 2008
  5. C J Campbell wrote:

    > On 2008-09-18 14:59:23 -0700, Blinky the Shark <> said:
    >
    >> Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

    >>> Most cerrrtainly not!
    >>> A privateer, for example, a certain Sir Francis Drake, is often
    >>> a very honorable person.
    >>>
    >>> A privateer basically outfits his own warship (with money from
    >>> respectable businessmen, who back him) and gets paid by taking
    >>> enemy ships as prises. A privateer is chartered by a government.
    >>> A pirate gone leggit, if you squint a bit.

    >> Arr, but squintin' when ye only has one eye makes things dim.
    >>

    > Ye land lubber! A pirate has two eyes, good as yours, maybe better. The
    > patch, laddy, is so that one eye is used to the dark. Makes it easier
    > to see when you go below decks, me boy. When you are standin' by to
    > repel boarders, there be no time for an eye to adjust to the dark
    > below, so in battle we wears a patch over one eye. When we goes below,
    > we flips up the patch.
    >
    > We squints to see long distances in the sun.

    I forrrrgot!

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 19, 2008
  6. ASAAR wrote:

    > On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:59:11 -0700, C J Campbell wrote:
    >
    >> Ye land lubber! A pirate has two eyes, good as yours, maybe better. The
    >> patch, laddy, is so that one eye is used to the dark. Makes it easier
    >> to see when you go below decks, me boy. When you are standin' by to
    >> repel boarders, there be no time for an eye to adjust to the dark
    >> below, so in battle we wears a patch over one eye. When we goes below,
    >> we flips up the patch.

    > That was then, this is now. All good pirates know from the days
    > when they were but wee scouts that it's wise to be prepared.
    > Today's pirates know that when they're attacking and trying to board
    > treasure laden Spanish frigates that their boarding parties will
    > have to fend off blazing muskets and Canons. And after being
    > temporarily blinded by their flashes and preflashes they'll still
    > have to be able to advance. That's when they flips up them patches
    > matey, or they pays a visit to Davy Jones. Arrrr.

    Nice work with the Canons and preflashes. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 19, 2008
  7. No Spam

    ASAAR Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:53:29 -0700, C J Campbell wrote:

    >> Rots of ruck with your election.

    > Keep my election out of it.

    No need to feel ashamed. Hanging chads are almost as common these
    days as dangling participles.

    ASAAR, Sep 22, 2008
  8. No Spam

    No Spam Guest

    well blow me down..

    I can't figure out why Bluto and Popeye fought over Olive Oyl

    egads!

    No Spam, Sep 22, 2008
  9. C J Campbell wrote:

    > On 2008-09-22 10:25:15 -0700, "Frank ess" <> said:
    >

    >> C J Campbell wrote:

    >>> We pirates.

    >> Whoa there, Waddling Egret! You're a piLot, not a piRate!
    >>
    >> Shiver your timbrels.
    >>
    >> Rots of ruck with your election.

    > Keep my election out of it.

    Having electile dysfunction, eh?

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 22, 2008
  10. No Spam wrote:

    > well blow me down..
    >
    > I can't figure out why Bluto and Popeye fought over Olive Oyl

    Did you ever look around there? She was the only woman.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 22, 2008
  11. No Spam

    John A. Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:32:40 -0700, Blinky the Shark
    <> wrote:

    >No Spam wrote:
    >
    >> well blow me down..
    >>
    >> I can't figure out why Bluto and Popeye fought over Olive Oyl

    >Did you ever look around there? She was the only woman.

    Unless you're into sea hags & goons.

    John A., Sep 22, 2008
  12. John A. wrote:

    > On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:32:40 -0700, Blinky the Shark
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>No Spam wrote:
    >>
    >>> well blow me down..
    >>>
    >>> I can't figure out why Bluto and Popeye fought over Olive Oyl

    >>Did you ever look around there? She was the only woman.

    > Unless you're into sea hags & goons.

    I suppose when the fleet's in, the pickin' is slim.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 22, 2008