Re: Tale of the Laser - redux

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Coe, Mar 28, 2013.

  1. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 14:50:35 -0700, nick c <> wrote:
    : On 4/1/2013 1:48 PM, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    : > nick c <> wrote:
    : >
    : >> ...... and should anyone openly disagree with your definition of a human
    : >> right you would immediately correct the situation through vilification.
    : >> Wise up, it doesn't work.
    : >
    : > So basically *your* definition of human rights is the only
    : > valid ones and/or human rights don't apply to certain groups,
    : > say Negros, Indians, Untermenschen, Jews and felons ...
    : >
    : > -Wolfgang
    : >
    :
    : What definition of mine are you referring to?

    Nick, as a matter of human decency, please stop spoiling Wolfgang's fun by
    asking him actual questions that have (or don't have) actual answers.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Apr 3, 2013

  2. "George Kerby" <> wrote in message

    >>> I am an "old white man" and I'll be DAMNED, if I have any say, to waste
    >>> my hard-earned taxpayer $$$ on a convicted murderer's 'sensitivity'
    >>> issues about their gender.
    >>>
    >>> There are a helluva lot more things that are important.
    >>>
    >>> So, can we now get back to PHOTOGRAPHY?!?
    >>>
    >>> SEREESH!

    >> I'm just minding my own business then, like buses, three bigots (KKKoe,
    >> KKKooper, and KKKerby) come along at once.
    >>
    >> DIE CIS-SCUM!!!

    > How Loving you Limey Libtards are!
    >
    > Well, thank you for your well-wishing thoughts.
    >
    >> Plenty of other people *do* care which is why Kate Bornstein was able to
    >> raise $100,000 in a less than week from wellwishers in the US and from
    >> around the world. I personally donated the entire amount from a surprise
    >> lottery win. Okay, it was peanuts but I was glad to do it.

    > Well then, go get a room with him/her, it obvious that you want it.
    >
    > Maybe she/he will make some 'art' that you can buy, while you're at it...

    Maybe I have an ironic sense of humour?

    Maybe I just felt like I doing a good thing by helping someone who has
    helped so many other people?

    --
    Charles E. Hardwidge
    Charles E. Hardwidge, Apr 3, 2013

  3. Robert Coe

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 15:39:35 +0100, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    <> wrote:

    >"Tony Cooper" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> It seems to me that you are conflating two separate issues and blaming
    >> Bob for a position that he hasn't advocated.
    >>
    >> Bob has not shown any bigotry regarding transgenders (Issue #1). What
    >> he has objected to is the state paying for a non-life-threatening
    >> medical procedure of a convicted and incarcerated murderer (Issue #2).

    >Don't you think Coe's denial of human rights and misgendering and general
    >ignorance speaks for itself?

    No, but I do think I could feel the shockwaves of your knee jerking
    clear over here.

    >He was quite strident and unforgiving in his
    >views barked from the position of old white male cisgender privilege. Don't
    >you find this at least a little bit questionable?

    No, he's paying taxes in Massachusetts and has some misgivings about
    the state using his money in this.

    >You lot are quick enough
    >to pick over tech specs and reviews if it promises you an extra six inches
    >of virtual manhood...

    Does it work like that? My growth spurts must have been cropped.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, Apr 3, 2013
  4. Robert Coe

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 17:51:14 +0100, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    <> wrote:

    >"George Kerby" <> wrote in message
    >> On 4/2/13 9:39 AM, in article kjeqek$lv1$, "Charles E.
    >> Hardwidge" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Tony Cooper" <> wrote in message

    >>> Don't you think Coe's denial of human rights and misgendering and general
    >>> ignorance speaks for itself? He was quite strident and unforgiving in his
    >>> views barked from the position of old white male cisgender privilege.
    >>> Don't you find this at least a little bit questionable? You lot are quick
    >>> enough to pick over tech specs and reviews if it promises you an extra
    >>> six inches of virtual manhood...

    >> I am an "old white man" and I'll be DAMNED, if I have any say, to waste my
    >> hard-earned taxpayer $$$ on a convicted murderer's 'sensitivity' issues
    >> about their gender.
    >>
    >> There are a helluva lot more things that are important.
    >>
    >> So, can we now get back to PHOTOGRAPHY?!?
    >>
    >> SEREESH!

    >I'm just minding my own business then, like buses, three bigots (KKKoe,
    >KKKooper, and KKKerby) come along at once.
    >
    >DIE CIS-SCUM!!!
    >
    >Plenty of other people *do* care which is why Kate Bornstein was able to
    >raise $100,000 in a less than week from wellwishers in the US and from
    >around the world. I personally donated the entire amount from a surprise
    >lottery win. Okay, it was peanuts but I was glad to do it.
    >
    >http://www.buzzfeed.com/thomaspagemcbee/how-gender-outlaw-kate-bornstein-raised-100k-in-less-than-a

    How much was donated by the family of the wife he strangled?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, Apr 3, 2013
  5. "Tony Cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 15:39:35 +0100, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Don't you think Coe's denial of human rights and misgendering and general
    >>ignorance speaks for itself?

    > No, but I do think I could feel the shockwaves of your knee jerking
    > clear over here.
    >
    >>He was quite strident and unforgiving in his views barked from the
    >>position of old white male cisgender privilege. Don't you find this at
    >>least a little bit questionable?

    > No, he's paying taxes in Massachusetts and has some misgivings about
    > the state using his money in this.

    So you're saying that it's okay to ignore bigotry just because someone has a
    fiscal interest?

    Do you know what the actual medical costs are? Not anywhere near as high as
    the lurid numbers some in the UK press throw around. The one time total cost
    is equivalent to the cost of housing a prisoner in jail for one year. The
    quality of life and economic cost of not providing medical intervention
    includes suicide, victim of violence, poor mental health, and loss of
    business and social opportunity. There's also an overall loss caused by lack
    of cultural and workforce diversity. The cost on average of not funding a
    one time necessary medical intervention can run to anywhere up to five times
    more over the lifetime of a single individual.

    What about CeCe? Living in the shit end of town nobody cares about and
    jailed for stabbing a man chasing her down a dark alley?

    What about a trans-woman graduate in the UK who was unable to get a job due
    to transphobia and worked as a prostitute? Throttled with a cord and rolled
    up in a carpet and the judge ruled suicide.

    What about the serial killer stalking transgender-female prostitutes in
    Chicago who do the work because nobody will give them a job and the medical
    costs they need to pay for are non-trivial?

    What about the US transgender-female CEO of a successful company living in
    fear she will be outed for doing porn videos to pay for her medical costs
    when she was young?

    Count yourself lucky you never had to make those choices...

    --
    Charles E. Hardwidge
    Charles E. Hardwidge, Apr 3, 2013
  6. Robert Coe

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 5:52:53 AM UTC+1, Charles E. Hardwidge wrote:
    > "Tony Cooper" <> wrote in message

    > > On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 15:39:35 +0100, "Charles E. Hardwidge"

    > > <> wrote:

    > >>Don't you think Coe's denial of human rights and misgendering and general

    > >>ignorance speaks for itself?

    > > No, but I do think I could feel the shockwaves of your knee jerking

    > > clear over here.

    > >>He was quite strident and unforgiving in his views barked from the

    > >>position of old white male cisgender privilege. Don't you find this at

    > >>least a little bit questionable?

    > > No, he's paying taxes in Massachusetts and has some misgivings about

    > > the state using his money in this.

    > So you're saying that it's okay to ignore bigotry just because someone has a
    >
    > fiscal interest?

    I'm not sure he's saying that.

    > Do you know what the actual medical costs are?

    Do you ?

    I doubt anyone does unless they know someone that's been through it or is considering it and it does vary depending on where ans who does any operation.

    > Not anywhere near as high as
    >
    > the lurid numbers some in the UK press throw around.

    And maybe not as low as others think.

    > The one time total cost
    >
    > is equivalent to the cost of housing a prisoner in jail for one year.

    How can you say that ?
    even comparing housing one prisoner with another is diffucult enough.

    >The
    >
    > quality of life and economic cost of not providing medical intervention
    >
    > includes suicide, victim of violence, poor mental health, and loss of
    >
    > business and social opportunity. There's also an overall loss caused by lack
    >
    > of cultural and workforce diversity. The cost on average of not funding a
    >
    > one time necessary medical intervention can run to anywhere up to five times
    >
    > more over the lifetime of a single individual.

    But that doesn't only work with prisoners does it.
    There are many people out there that aren;t in jail that need medical help.
    If you have X amount of funds to spend on helpiung anyonme why spend it on the law breakers when those that don;t murder or rob are left to die who will be left ?
    When there's infinite funds then everyone should recive the help they need/want.

    > What about CeCe? Living in the shit end of town nobody cares about and
    >
    > jailed for stabbing a man chasing her down a dark alley?

    What about here well I don't, know anything about her.

    > What about a trans-woman graduate in the UK who was unable to get a job due
    >
    > to transphobia and worked as a prostitute? Throttled with a cord and rolled
    >
    > up in a carpet and the judge ruled suicide.

    Sack the judge.

    > What about the serial killer stalking transgender-female prostitutes in
    >
    > Chicago who do the work because nobody will give them a job and the medical
    >
    > costs they need to pay for are non-trivial?

    What about them ?

    > What about the US transgender-female CEO of a successful company living in
    >
    > fear she will be outed for doing porn videos to pay for her medical costs
    >
    > when she was young?

    Should that be any differnt from anyone else appearing in porn vidoes to get what they want ?

    Whisky-dave, Apr 3, 2013
  7. Robert Coe

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 05:52:53 +0100, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    <> wrote:

    >"Tony Cooper" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 15:39:35 +0100, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Don't you think Coe's denial of human rights and misgendering and general
    >>>ignorance speaks for itself?

    >> No, but I do think I could feel the shockwaves of your knee jerking
    >> clear over here.
    >>
    >>>He was quite strident and unforgiving in his views barked from the
    >>>position of old white male cisgender privilege. Don't you find this at
    >>>least a little bit questionable?

    >> No, he's paying taxes in Massachusetts and has some misgivings about
    >> the state using his money in this.

    >So you're saying that it's okay to ignore bigotry just because someone has a
    >fiscal interest?

    You are engaging in what is called arguementum reductio ad absurdum:
    an argument that states that a position is true using a false, or
    absurd, conclusion.

    Bob is not guilty of bigotry just because he disapproves of an action
    involving a subject who might be a target of bigotry. Bob's position
    is not that the subject is not entitled to the medical procedure, but
    that the state should not have to pay for it.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, Apr 3, 2013
  8. "Tony Cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 05:52:53 +0100, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>So you're saying that it's okay to ignore bigotry just because someone has
    >>a fiscal interest?

    > You are engaging in what is called arguementum reductio ad absurdum:
    > an argument that states that a position is true using a false, or
    > absurd, conclusion.
    >
    > Bob is not guilty of bigotry just because he disapproves of an action
    > involving a subject who might be a target of bigotry. Bob's position
    > is not that the subject is not entitled to the medical procedure, but
    > that the state should not have to pay for it.

    And you're engaging in making negative claims (which you haven't yet
    displayed a scintilla of evidence to support) and hiding behind the
    authority of a person who is conspicuous by their absence. At least you're
    not throwing around the faux authority of a sky fairy around with bible
    quotations which is a step up.

    Would you care to come up with your own accountable position instead of
    acting like someone else's whiney bag carrier?

    Attaboy, KKKooper. Go to the next level.

    --
    Charles E. Hardwidge
    Charles E. Hardwidge, Apr 3, 2013
  9. Robert Coe

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 13:55:09 +0100, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    <> wrote:

    >"Tony Cooper" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 05:52:53 +0100, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>So you're saying that it's okay to ignore bigotry just because someone has
    >>>a fiscal interest?

    >> You are engaging in what is called arguementum reductio ad absurdum:
    >> an argument that states that a position is true using a false, or
    >> absurd, conclusion.
    >>
    >> Bob is not guilty of bigotry just because he disapproves of an action
    >> involving a subject who might be a target of bigotry. Bob's position
    >> is not that the subject is not entitled to the medical procedure, but
    >> that the state should not have to pay for it.

    >And you're engaging in making negative claims (which you haven't yet
    >displayed a scintilla of evidence to support)

    Evidence? The statement was one of opinion. The opinion was
    presented here. What further evidence could possibly be presented?

    > and hiding behind the
    >authority of a person who is conspicuous by their absence.

    Who, here, has any authority over anything?

    The devil makes work for idle hands, so you are supping with a long
    spoon by being busy creating a strawman. (Mixing metaphors is more
    fun that trying to engage in a logical argument with you.)

    >At least you're
    >not throwing around the faux authority of a sky fairy around with bible
    >quotations which is a step up.
    >
    >Would you care to come up with your own accountable position instead of
    >acting like someone else's whiney bag carrier?

    My position is clearly stated in the second paragraph above: Bob is
    not guilty of bigotry based on his post.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, Apr 3, 2013
  10. Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 14:50:35 -0700, nick c <> wrote:
    >: On 4/1/2013 1:48 PM, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    >: > nick c <> wrote:

    >: > So basically *your* definition of human rights is the only
    >: > valid ones and/or human rights don't apply to certain groups,
    >: > say Negros, Indians, Untermenschen, Jews and felons ...

    >: What definition of mine are you referring to?

    > Nick, as a matter of human decency, please stop spoiling Wolfgang's fun by
    > asking him actual questions that have (or don't have) actual answers.

    Daddy, if you think your son can't answer actual questions,
    this falls back on your parenting.

    Fortunately for you, as an absent parent you didn't manage to
    do too much damage.

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Apr 3, 2013
  11. Tony Cooper <> wrote:

    > You are engaging in what is called arguementum reductio ad absurdum:
    > an argument that states that a position is true using a false, or
    > absurd, conclusion.

    | a common form of argument which seeks to demonstrate that
    | a statement is true by showing that a false, untenable,
    | or absurd result follows from its denial,[1] or in turn
    | to demonstrate that a statement is false by showing that
    | a false, untenable, or absurd result follows from its
    | acceptance.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

    It seems you shortened your explanation of that common
    technique so much that it has become utter nonsense.

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Apr 3, 2013
  12. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 14:33:51 +0200, Wolfgang Weisselberg
    <> wrote:
    : Robert Coe <> wrote:
    : > On Mon, 1 Apr 2013 02:35:18 +0100, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    :
    : >: Transgender people have been around since whenever and not even the British
    : >: Empire could stamp them out in India.
    :
    : > The situation of eunuchs in India is so radically different that the
    : > comparison is ludicrous.
    :
    : You think Eunuchs == Transgender and Transgender == Eunuchs?
    : Really?
    :
    :
    : >: Transgenderism is a recognised medical condition and includes but is not
    : >: limited to a range of intersex conditions.
    :
    : > Whatever that means.
    :
    : ICD-10 F64
    :
    :
    : >: Not only does Coe show a cavalier disregard for someone's human rights and
    : >: no knowledge of their condition but is also discourteous
    :
    : > "Discourteous" to a convicted murderer?? Surely you jest.
    :
    : If you truly believe convicted persons are subhuman and you
    : need to denigrate yourself by being uncivilised towards them,
    : you're right. (I'll let your theologican explain to you how
    : your religion sees such a thing.)
    :
    :
    : >: by going out of his way to misgender her.
    :
    : > Him. Whatever a person's mental persuasion regarding his/her sexuality,
    : > his/her sex is what it is for genetic reasons. A "sex change" operation (which
    : > he hasn't even had) doesn't affect that.
    :
    : sex != gender.
    : And sex != sexuality (an obvious one is sex: male,
    : sexuality: prefers males)
    :
    : Read closely: "misgender", not "missex".
    :
    : Oh, it may be that your definitions of gender and sex don't
    : match the dictionary.

    "Gender" is a linguistic, not biological, term. (It explains, more or less,
    why it's "die Frau" but "das M?dchen" and "das Fr?ulein".) The meaning the
    word seems to have appropriated in present-day American English reflects only
    our prudishness and reverence for euphemisms.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Apr 4, 2013
  13. "Tony Cooper" <> wrote in message

    > My position is clearly stated in the second paragraph above: Bob is
    > not guilty of bigotry based on his post.

    Like the racists weren't guilty of bigotry because they denied slaves their
    human rights due to perceived fiscal disincentives? Coe is now compounding
    his bigotry with biological essentialism and deciding he's an expert on
    gender with wild claims of denial.

    Dude. Second wave feminism is old hat. TERFs (Transgender Exclusionist
    Radical Feminists) are a laughing stock with most of the mainstream third
    wave feminist movement and the emerging fourth wave feminists are actively
    embracing transgender people.

    What do we have here? A gang of old white men clinging to their out of date
    views as tightly as they're clinging to their SLRs. Meanwhile, the other 50%
    of the economy is gaining steam with their camera equipped smartphones, and
    Instgram and Twitter and embracing the future.

    Personally, I believe this is more an issue of information and participation
    than useless arguing and namecalling. I know and have met transgender people
    including a transgender woman who is indistinguishable from a cisgender
    housewife and a blokey bloke you would share a beer with. They are people
    just like you trying to live their lives. Just like you.

    Like transgender people M4/3 is the new kid on the block. It's not a blokes
    toy nor a cute handbag camera. It's somewhere in between. Many people have
    embraced M4/3 as the future and I see no reason why transgender people
    should be treated more poorly than an electronic brick. Read Whipping Girl
    by Juliana Serano. Go meet people. Let them find their niche.

    --
    Charles E. Hardwidge
    Charles E. Hardwidge, Apr 4, 2013
  14. Robert Coe

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 05:20:53 +0100, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    <> wrote:

    >"Tony Cooper" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> My position is clearly stated in the second paragraph above: Bob is
    >> not guilty of bigotry based on his post.

    >Like the racists weren't guilty of bigotry because they denied slaves their
    >human rights due to perceived fiscal disincentives? Coe is now compounding
    >his bigotry with biological essentialism and deciding he's an expert on
    >gender with wild claims of denial.
    >
    >Dude. Second wave feminism is old hat. TERFs (Transgender Exclusionist
    >Radical Feminists) are a laughing stock with most of the mainstream third
    >wave feminist movement and the emerging fourth wave feminists are actively
    >embracing transgender people.
    >
    >What do we have here? A gang of old white men clinging to their out of date
    >views as tightly as they're clinging to their SLRs. Meanwhile, the other 50%
    >of the economy is gaining steam with their camera equipped smartphones, and
    >Instgram and Twitter and embracing the future.
    >
    >Personally, I believe this is more an issue of information and participation
    >than useless arguing and namecalling. I know and have met transgender people
    >including a transgender woman who is indistinguishable from a cisgender
    >housewife and a blokey bloke you would share a beer with. They are people
    >just like you trying to live their lives.

    How many of them went through the process whilst incarcerated for
    murder and had the procedures paid for by the state?

    The issue here is not the needs or desires of the individuals, but the
    request to have the state pay for the process.

    >Just like you.

    I don't think so. An individual convicted of murder by strangulation
    is no "just like" me.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, Apr 4, 2013
  15. "Tony Cooper" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 05:20:53 +0100, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Tony Cooper" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> My position is clearly stated in the second paragraph above: Bob is
    >>> not guilty of bigotry based on his post.

    >>Like the racists weren't guilty of bigotry because they denied slaves
    >>their human rights due to perceived fiscal disincentives? Coe is now
    >>compounding his bigotry with biological essentialism and deciding he's an
    >>expert on gender with wild claims of denial.
    >>
    >>Dude. Second wave feminism is old hat. TERFs (Transgender Exclusionist
    >>Radical Feminists) are a laughing stock with most of the mainstream third
    >>wave feminist movement and the emerging fourth wave feminists are actively
    >>embracing transgender people.
    >>
    >>What do we have here? A gang of old white men clinging to their out of
    >>other 50% of the economy is gaining steam with their camera equipped
    >>smartphones, and Instgram and Twitter and embracing the future.
    >>
    >>Personally, I believe this is more an issue of information and
    >>participation than useless arguing and namecalling. I know and have met
    >>transgender people including a transgender woman who is indistinguishable
    >>from a cisgender housewife and a blokey bloke you would share a beer with.
    >>They are people just like you trying to live their lives.

    > How many of them went through the process whilst incarcerated for
    > murder and had the procedures paid for by the state?
    >
    > The issue here is not the needs or desires of the individuals, but the
    > request to have the state pay for the process.
    >
    >>Just like you.

    > I don't think so. An individual convicted of murder by strangulation
    > is no "just like" me.

    I'm not even going to pretend we're friends but I gave you a chance to step
    beyond stupidity and explore some consensus. This, in spite of knowing
    you're the type of person who keeps pushing until you get a kick in the
    teeth.

    Wellington said Napoleon was just a pounder. Tony, you're just a pounder.

    And a bigot.

    --
    Charles E. Hardwidge
    Charles E. Hardwidge, Apr 4, 2013
  16. Robert Coe

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Thursday, April 4, 2013 11:14:25 AM UTC+1, Neil Ellwood wrote:

    > >> "George Kerby" <> wrote in message

    > > How Loving you Limey Libtards are!

    > > Well, thank you for your well-wishing thoughts.

    > >> Plenty of other people *do* care which is why Kate Bornstein was able

    > >> to raise $100,000 in a less than week from wellwishers in the US and

    > >> from around the world. I personally donated the entire amount from a

    > >> surprise lottery win. Okay, it was peanuts but I was glad to do it.

    > > Well then, go get a room with him/her, it obvious that you want it.

    > > Maybe she/he will make some 'art' that you can buy, while you're at

    > > it...

    > I am English.
    >

    > Many English think that the genders can be muddled: I don't.

    Which makes you wrong.

    > People point
    >
    > to the fact that some animals also do . It is my opinion that we are (or
    >
    > should be) better than that.

    What do you mean by better than animals we are animals, although your inteligence appears to be better matched to a vegatable.

    I know a number of transgered people, even an intersexed person.

    The 'condition' is quite well documented and recorded, but if you live in such a narrow enviroment then I guess yuo'll never understand.
    I heard my dad say once that he;d never seen a black person until he saw one for the first time. I guess in some point in time some English people didn't know black peole existed or oriental people.
    Whisky-dave, Apr 4, 2013
  17. Robert Coe

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Thursday, April 4, 2013 2:38:11 PM UTC+1, George Kerby wrote:
    > On 4/4/13 5:32 AM, in article
    >
    > , "Whisky-dave"
    >
    > <> wrote:

    > >> I am English.

    > >> Many English think that the genders can be muddled: I don't.

    > > Which makes you wrong.

    > >> People point

    > >> to the fact that some animals also do . It is my opinion that we are (or

    > >> should be) better than that.

    > > What do you mean by better than animals we are animals, although your

    > > inteligence appears to be better matched to a vegatable.

    > > I know a number of transgered people, even an intersexed person.

    > > The 'condition' is quite well documented and recorded, but if you live in such

    > > a narrow enviroment then I guess yuo'll never understand.

    > > I heard my dad say once that he;d never seen a black person until he saw one

    > > for the first time. I guess in some point in time some English people didn't

    > > know black peole existed or oriental people.

    > Just curious: WTF is a "intersexed person"?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex.

    The most vbasic are sometimes referred to as men wityh bvery small penis's and breasts, or large cliteroiuss and flat chested are typical physical things, but menatlly can be more confusing.

    http://www.triffid.demon.co.uk/sexuality.html

    although not updated recently I believe.

    I've met her in a club and she doesn't like whisky, despite being scotish,
    see how weird some people are ;-)
    Whisky-dave, Apr 4, 2013
  18. Robert Coe

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 06:58:50 +0100, "Charles E. Hardwidge"
    <> wrote:

    >> The issue here is not the needs or desires of the individuals, but the
    >> request to have the state pay for the process.
    >>
    >>>Just like you.

    >> I don't think so. An individual convicted of murder by strangulation
    >> is no "just like" me.

    >I'm not even going to pretend we're friends but I gave you a chance to step
    >beyond stupidity and explore some consensus.

    Consensus? What are you talking about? A "consensus" is an agreement
    among multiple parties about an acceptable resolution. The issue in
    this part of the thread is about one person's opinion about the
    appropriateness of the state paying for an incarcerated person's
    gender change.

    I haven't looked back at all posts, but I don't recall anyone agreeing
    or disagreeing with Bob's objection to this. I've said you have
    incorrectly branded Bob as a bigot, but not commented one way or the
    other on the appropriateness of the state paying for the procedures.
    (But I will: I think it's wrong. If done, it should be paid for by
    private funds raised by or for the subject.)

    You can't have a consensus when there is an absence of multiple
    parties seeking a resolution.

    You seem to think that an objection to the state paying for the
    procedures is somehow a rejection of transgenders. It's not. It's a
    rejection of the way tax funds are applied.

    >This, in spite of knowing
    >you're the type of person who keeps pushing until you get a kick in the
    >teeth.
    >
    >Wellington said Napoleon was just a pounder. Tony, you're just a pounder.

    Interesting word. I hadn't come across that usage before. I had to
    look it up. However, the remark was about military and tactical skills
    on the part of Napoleon Bonaparte's leadership in directing his
    brother Jerome Bonaparte to continue in attacking the center of the
    Allied line. He kept pounding at that point instead of other, more
    vulnerable, points.

    And, yes, I keep pounding at the "Who should pay for this?" aspect.
    That's the issue raised.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, Apr 4, 2013
  19. "Tony Cooper" <> wrote in message

    > You seem to think that an objection to the state paying for the
    > procedures is somehow a rejection of transgenders. It's not. It's a
    > rejection of the way tax funds are applied.

    Sorry, but I'm not going to waste my time any more with a wilfully blind
    bigot who can't engage with let alone comprehend the issues.

    --
    Charles E. Hardwidge
    Charles E. Hardwidge, Apr 4, 2013
  20. Robert Coe

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:50:26 PM UTC+1, George Kerby wrote:
    > On 4/4/13 8:50 AM, in article
    >
    > , "Whisky-dave"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Thursday, April 4, 2013 2:38:11 PM UTC+1, George Kerby wrote:

    > >> On 4/4/13 5:32 AM, in article

    > >> , "Whisky-dave"

    > >> Just curious: WTF is a "intersexed person"?

    > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex.

    > > The most vbasic are sometimes referred to as men wityh bvery small penis's and

    > > breasts, or large cliteroiuss and flat chested are typical physical things,

    > > but menatlly can be more confusing.

    > > http://www.triffid.demon.co.uk/sexuality.html

    > I call those hemorphidites.

    well they aren;t because medicaly they don;t have both 'genders'
    i.e hemorphidites have both ba penis and a vagina, where as teh intersexed don't they have one set that hasn;t fully formed in teh way it would normally do.

    > > although not updated recently I believe.

    > > I've met her in a club and she doesn't like whisky, despite being scotish,

    > > see how weird some people are ;-)

    > Hell, I'm Scotch-Irish and I like rum.

    we all have our own personal problems ;-)
    Whisky-dave, Apr 4, 2013