Re: Tale of the Laser - redux

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Mar 26, 2013.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Mar 25, 11:56 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    wrote:
    > Well here is the outcome of one of the "Laser pointed at aircraft"
    > cases which we had discussed some weeks ago.
    > <http://www.sacbee.com/2013/03/25/5292168/la-man-gets-2-12-years-for-l...
    >

    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck

    Well, more than 2 years means prison, not jail. I'm sure once he's
    raped a few dozen times, he'll see the error of his ways.
    I wonder how much better adjusted he'll be when he gets out?

    RichA, Mar 26, 2013

  2. RichA

    Rikishi42 Guest

    On 2013-03-26, RichA <> wrote:
    > Well, more than 2 years means prison, not jail. I'm sure once he's
    > raped a few dozen times, he'll see the error of his ways.
    > I wonder how much better adjusted he'll be when he gets out?

    What's the difference between prison and jail? I allways took them to be
    synonyms, the first more official or proper, the latter more slang or
    dialect.

    --
    When in doubt, use brute force.
    -- Ken Thompson

    Rikishi42, Mar 27, 2013

  3. RichA

    Rikishi42 Guest

    On 2013-03-27, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > On 2013-03-26 17:15:18 -0700, Rikishi42 <> said:
    >> What's the difference between prison and jail? I allways took them to be
    >> synonyms, the first more official or proper, the latter more slang or
    >> dialect.

    > In the USA there is a distinct difference between jail and prison.
    > In the USA jail typically refers to County Jails which are administered
    > by County Sheriff's Departments, and usually hold awaiting trial
    > individuals, and those inmates convicted of misdemeanors with sentences
    > of 12 months or less.
    >
    > Also in the USA there are State prisons administered by the State
    > prisons for those convicted in State Court of felonies. Those convicted
    > of federal crimes such as the individual in this story, will spend his
    > time in a Federal prison.

    Oh, right. Thanks for that, I just learned something.

    Rikishi42, Mar 27, 2013