    RussS
    MCP W2K Pro & Server, A+, Net+

    http://www.techexams.net/

    RussS, Jun 24, 2003

  2. RussS

    Paul Stelter Guest

    I took them both at the same time. I live in Northern Canada, and am
    located 4 hours from the nearest test site. I was scared to death,
    nervous and wishing I was anywhere else...like a dentist chair.
    However...once done, much like other posts, I wondered - was that it?

    Oddly enough, in prep. for the exam, I used two different study guides.
    I figured I was fairly well prepared, and the hardware half wasn't
    bad. The operating system technologies exam was a little different. I
    remember looking at some of the questions thinking...Windows does that?

    Anyways...all the best. Study hard!

    Paul Stelter, MCP / A+
    www.steltex.com

    Paul Stelter, Jun 25, 2003

  3. On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:03:10 -0500, Paul Stelter <>
    wrote:

    >I took them both at the same time. I live in Northern Canada, and am
    >located 4 hours from the nearest test site. I was scared to death,
    >nervous and wishing I was anywhere else...like a dentist chair.
    >However...once done, much like other posts, I wondered - was that it?
    >
    >Oddly enough, in prep. for the exam, I used two different study guides.
    > I figured I was fairly well prepared, and the hardware half wasn't
    >bad. The operating system technologies exam was a little different. I
    >remember looking at some of the questions thinking...Windows does that?

    I'm in eastern Canada, and I thought the same thing in the OS exam.
    :)

    I think it's because there are so many ways to do certain things
    within Windows (the methodology), and most people use one specific way
    only. On the other hand, hardware/OS troubleshooting requires a lot of
    changes of gears mentally, different mental approaches, lateral
    thinking.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 26, 2003