Re: Tables in html

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by why?, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. why?

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:41:39 +0100, Daz wrote:

    >I am trying to import information from table 'A' to table 'B'
    >However table 'B' has different cell colours than table 'A' and after I cut
    >& paste the info from table 'A' I lose the colours in table 'B'.
    >Is there a way to just copy the contents of each cell and retain the
    >cell/background properties of the table?

    Then you can only cut & paste the text between <td>....</td> or the

    It may be you are seeing something like this

    A-

    B-

    You can see the color changes , background - bgcolor and the font color.
    The text is only a small part of the line AAAA and BBBB, which is what
    you need to cut & paste only.

    Another way, I find easy is to save the table as plain text only,
    getting rid of the formatting. Copy over what I need and reapply the
    formatting after the data is copied over. To make lfe easier (IMHO) you
    can use CSS http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp to define your
    styles and colors outwith the table (mostly) and concentrate on the
    table contents.

    See examples
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_examples.asp

    Basically CSS does this, for you,

    <head>

    ..tablea {
    color: Green;
    border: 5px ridge LightSteelBlue;
    background-color: HotPink;
    }

    ..tablea td {
    color: red;
    }

    ..tableb {
    color: Blue;
    }

    </head>

    Then the HTML looks like this

    Now you have control over the style in the CSS and it's very easy to see
    the AAAAAA and BBBBBB data without the clutter of inline font / color
    changes.

    >Hope this is clear,

    So do I :)

    Do you have an example URL?

    Me
    why?, Aug 17, 2003

  2. why?

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:30:14 GMT, in
    <>
    why? scrawled:

    <snip>

    I'm curious; why do you insert X-No-Archive in the body, when you
    are using Forte Agent?

    'Group / Properties / Post' ... 'Prevent usenet messages from being
    archived'.

    Or 'Group / Default Properties' for *all* groups.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 17, 2003

  3. why?

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 21:46:04 +0100, °Mike° wrote:

    >On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:30:14 GMT, in
    > <>
    > why? scrawled:

    ><snip>
    >
    >I'm curious; why do you insert X-No-Archive in the body, when you
    >are using Forte Agent?
    >
    >'Group / Properties / Post' ... 'Prevent usenet messages from being
    >archived'.

    It's a hang over from a old version / some interaction that used to lose
    settings when PC crashed and Agent was open. Since I normally upgrade on
    top of old version I never got around to changing it.

    Options / Posting Pref. / Introduction was always okay.

    The second, more important reason is some posts, the main on topic
    replies should be archived and I can simply delete the line when I
    remember <groan>. Then other posts like this, not part of the main
    problem/solution don't need to be archived.

    Me
    why?, Aug 18, 2003