Re: T-Bird 2.0.0.19

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, Sep 1, 2010.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > Any way to delete all the poasts in a news group using T-Bird 2? I'd
    > like to use it occasionally in Solaris 10 but want to get rid of old and
    > read poasts.

    I'm assuming you are not configured to download for offline use.

    Tbird doesn't keep/ retain/ store/ downloaded message bodies except
    temporarily in its cache (unless you configure for offline).

    In terms of the headers you see, you can configure how many are kept in
    the news account settings in the section Offline and disk space.

    The 3rd subsection is To recover disk space, old messages can be
    permanently deleted and I have checked Delete messages more than 10 days
    old.

    So, when I look back at that server's message headers, none are older
    than 10 days.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 1, 2010

  2. Mike Easter

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 14:29:37 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> Any way to delete all the poasts in a news group using T-Bird 2? I'd
    >> like to use it occasionally in Solaris 10 but want to get rid of old
    >> and read poasts.

    > I'm assuming you are not configured to download for offline use.
    >
    > Tbird doesn't keep/ retain/ store/ downloaded message bodies except
    > temporarily in its cache (unless you configure for offline).
    >
    > In terms of the headers you see, you can configure how many are kept in
    > the news account settings in the section Offline and disk space.
    >
    > The 3rd subsection is To recover disk space, old messages can be
    > permanently deleted and I have checked Delete messages more than 10 days
    > old.
    >
    > So, when I look back at that server's message headers, none are older
    > than 10 days.

    I'll have a look.

    Meat Plow, Sep 1, 2010