    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.

    Baron, May 8, 2008

  2. Baron

    Baron Guest

    cybercat wrote:

    > "Baron" <> wrote in message
    >> cybercat wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just ordered this:
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/45zllb

    >> That machine looks like and has exactly the same spec and price as
    >> the Dell Insperon 530.
    >>

    > I had looked at these, and did not notice that. Most dells in this
    > price range seemed to me (when I looked, anyway) to have less memory,
    > not be Intel Core 2 Duo, and/or have a smaller hard drive.
    >
    > I wanted to buy more computer than I needed, because this is what I
    > did last time, and it did indeed do me well until the past year. It is
    > nice not to have to upgrade or buy a new system for 6-7 years.

    I don't know whether Dell have different web pages for US & Uk buyers
    but 2400 Core 2, 500Gb hdd, 3Gb, ram 19" lcd screen, Vista @ $699
    Doesn't look that different !

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.

    Baron, May 9, 2008

  3. Baron

    Baron Guest

    cybercat wrote:

    > "Baron" <> wrote in message
    >> cybercat wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Baron" <> wrote in message

    >>> I had looked at these, and did not notice that. Most dells in this
    >>> price range seemed to me (when I looked, anyway) to have less
    >>> memory, not be Intel Core 2 Duo, and/or have a smaller hard drive.
    >>>
    >>> I wanted to buy more computer than I needed, because this is what I
    >>> did last time, and it did indeed do me well until the past year. It
    >>> is nice not to have to upgrade or buy a new system for 6-7 years.

    >> I don't know whether Dell have different web pages for US & Uk buyers
    >> but 2400 Core 2, 500Gb hdd, 3Gb, ram 19" lcd screen, Vista @ $699
    >> Doesn't look that different !
    >>

    > Everything about that looks better except Vista. It has a gb more of
    > memory, too. AND mine does not come with a monitor. Hmm.
    >
    > I just went there and chose XP instead of Vista, removed the monitor,
    > and got a price of $509. The only difference I see at first glance is
    > that this one
    > comes with XP Home, whereas the Systemax comes with XP Professional.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/62s7q3
    >
    > Could be my aversion to buying a Dell cost me $150 bucks and really
    > good support.
    >
    > (No idea why I have an aversion to a Dell. I bought my husband one
    > two years ago. )
    >
    > Live and learn.

    I'm convinced that Dell serve up different web pages for different
    countries and user groups !
    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.