Re: System File Checker - XP

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by jt, Oct 18, 2003.

  1. jt

    jt Guest

    Thanks Adam. I hadn't seen any mention before that the DLLCACHE also got
    updated. That's reassuring and makes sense.

    As a side note, what about old programs that I load to use with XP? Do they
    sometimes have older versions of DLLs, etc that might over-write the newer
    ones on the system? And then will the older programs work okay with the
    newer DLLs if I then go back and run SFC and update those DLLs? Or am I
    getting paranoid....:)

    And finally, I'm not sure what you mean by "...slipstream it into your
    existing...", and how would you go about that?

    Thanks again, jt

    jt, Oct 18, 2003