Re: System Configuration utility

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gary Danaher, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. Gary Danaher

    Gary Danaher Guest

    Go to the system config utility, click the Startup tab which will give
    you a list of everything starting up when the OS loads, and unclick some
    or all and thenapply and close, then restart. Some of the names will be
    obvious to you and you'll want to leave them alone, but the system isn't
    going to fail if something isn't checked, it just won't start as quickly
    if you want the item to run. The utility doesn't give you the option to
    permanently delete anything, so everything will be there later. When you
    restart the computer you'll get a message box telling you that something
    isn't checked. Check the thanks for sharing box and go.

    Gary Danaher, Aug 1, 2003