Re: System 32 Goodies

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Jul 21, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Goat Boy < Baaaaaaa! <>> wrote in
    news::

    > I was digging around in my friend's computer trying to find a way to
    > start his wizard to set up a network connection (since it won't work
    > from Control Panel) and found a buttload of groovy programs in system
    > 32 that I had no idea existed.
    > Can someone point me to an extensive description of all the programs
    > therein and what they do?

    http://technet.microsoft.com

    The manuals MS no longer gives you with the OS.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 21, 2010

  2. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Goat Boy < Baaaaaaa! <>> wrote in

    > Everyone was getting along swimmingly in 24hoursupport.helpdesk on or
    > about Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:06:04 +0000 (UTC) , when chuckcar
    > <> fucked everything up by saying:
    >
    >>Goat Boy < Baaaaaaa! <>> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I was digging around in my friend's computer trying to find a way to
    >>> start his wizard to set up a network connection (since it won't work
    >>> from Control Panel) and found a buttload of groovy programs in
    >>> system 32 that I had no idea existed.
    >>> Can someone point me to an extensive description of all the programs
    >>> therein and what they do?

    >>http://technet.microsoft.com
    >>
    >>The manuals MS no longer gives you with the OS.

    > Is that manual somewhere on that page?

    It's a *search* engine for *all* microsoft product problems and
    documentation. What instruction do you *want* help with?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 23, 2010

  3. chuckcar

    John Holmes Guest

    Goat Boy < Baaaaaaa! "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Everyone was getting along swimmingly in 24hoursupport.helpdesk on or
    > about Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:55:35 -0700 , when Evan Platt
    > <> fucked everything up by saying:
    >
    >>On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 21:07:44 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>It's a *search* engine for *all* microsoft product problems and
    >>>documentation. What instruction do you *want* help with?

    >>****, can you not read?
    >>
    >>"trying to find a way to start his wizard to set up a network
    >>connection"
    >>
    >>Idiot.

    > Um...while I agree that chuckchuckbobuck *is* indeed an idiot, that's
    > not at all what I'm asking.
    >
    > I sed:
    >
    > "I was digging around in my friend's computer trying to find a way to
    > start his wizard to set up a network connection (since it won't work
    > from Control Panel) and..."
    >
    > So I was doing the above and then I...
    >
    > "...found a buttload of groovy programs in
    > system 32 that I had no idea existed...."
    >
    > Then I asked, and this is the meat of the question:
    >
    > "Can someone point me to an extensive description of all the programs
    > therein and what they do?"
    >
    > So I'm looking for a list, but unlike what the wolf-man provided, a
    > list that explains what each of these little programs do exactly.

    I'd run all of them to see what they do.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jul 25, 2010
  4. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Goat Boy < Baaaaaaa! <>> wrote in

    > Everyone was getting along swimmingly in 24hoursupport.helpdesk on or
    > about Sun, 25 Jul 2010 12:39:51 +0200 , when John Holmes
    > <> fucked everything up by saying:
    >
    >>Goat Boy < Baaaaaaa! "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> Everyone was getting along swimmingly in 24hoursupport.helpdesk on
    >>> or about Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:55:35 -0700 , when Evan Platt
    >>> <> fucked everything up by saying:

    >>> Um...while I agree that chuckchuckbobuck *is* indeed an idiot,
    >>> that's not at all what I'm asking.
    >>>
    >>> I sed:
    >>>
    >>> "I was digging around in my friend's computer trying to find a way
    >>> to start his wizard to set up a network connection (since it won't
    >>> work from Control Panel) and..."
    >>>
    >>> So I was doing the above and then I...
    >>>
    >>> "...found a buttload of groovy programs in
    >>> system 32 that I had no idea existed...."
    >>>
    >>> Then I asked, and this is the meat of the question:
    >>>
    >>> "Can someone point me to an extensive description of all the
    >>> programs therein and what they do?"
    >>>
    >>> So I'm looking for a list, but unlike what the wolf-man provided, a
    >>> list that explains what each of these little programs do exactly.
    >>>

    >>I'd run all of them to see what they do.

    > I guess I'm gonna have to.

    No, seriously, just put the file name as a search for that url I gave
    you. Without the extension.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 29, 2010