Re: Sygate Personal Firewall readout

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jafiwam, Jul 4, 2003.

  1. jafiwam

    jafiwam Guest

    Just a wild guess, but quicktime.qts is a (imagine!) quicktime file.
    Quicktime is one of the applications that would get you a "please install
    this" when you visit a web page or see an email with an embedded QTS file.
    (Quicktime files are typically video or sound files.)

    So it stands to reason you looked at a site and accepted the "install now"
    thing. Didja?

    Also note, any application that is paying attention as closely as that
    "Sygate" thing (Which is NOT a firewall by the way, it is something else,
    firewalls only control what goes in and out of the network connection, NOT
    what happens on the PC The Sygate thing is acting more like a virus
    scanner.) is likely to have bugs and mess up your computer in the long run.
    My advice to you is get rid of it if you value the data on your computer.
    Sooner or later it will mess up your operating system. If it cannot tell
    the difference between a legit install of an app in the operating system and
    a virus (which should be detected using a library file, not by sensing
    changes) it is bound to mess up your computer.

    jafiwam, Jul 4, 2003