    If the capacitors are bloating, then switch power supplies. A Power Supply can cause this. I work
    out of an electronics repair shop and the technician has told me this a while ago.

    Tony

    Tony, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Barry, somehow I knew you would post "correcting" me as you do everytime I post a solution. Well, it
    turns out that you are wrong AGAIN! A bad power supply CAN blow out a capacitor. The tech I asked
    is the owner of an electronics repair shop and has been in business for 25 years. He knows what he
    is talking about. Your responses clearly show that you do not know what you are talking about half
    of the time, so why dont you stop posting as if you are the god of IT.

    You can check this site and see that others have stated exactly what I said. I know, Barry,
    everyone that posted on that forum is wrong and you are right. Ha!

    Tony

    Tony, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Tony

    http://hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/6707/

    Tony, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Tony,

    I have absolutely no knowledge of your history with Barry, but I'm afraid
    he's correct on this matter. The problem with sub standard caps is well
    documented and is even mentioned on the thread you've referenced. In fact I
    can't see anything on the thread that supports your argument.

    A bad power supply COULD theoretically blow caps but it's unlikely. In fact
    it's more likely that bad caps would lead to PSU failure (if they short the
    PSU). PSU's don't push out current, the motherboard DRAWS current. Vis a vis
    in an over-current situation the motherboard is the culprit, not the PSU.

    BTW this is a newsgroup, not a competition. calm down.

    JM

    <> wrote:

    past

    bunches

    ---

    Jonathan Miles, Jan 12, 2004
  5. On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:22:44 GMT, Barry Watzman
    <> wrote:

    >That has nothing to do with his problem, and the technician is all wet.

    I agree. The capacitors are there to smooth any pulses present in a DC
    voltage. Any overvoltage condition which could do this would claim
    other much more sensitive semiconductor components first.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jan 12, 2004