Re: Swapping Lithium Battries for Lead Acid.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Jan 18, 2009.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-01-18, ChristianKnight <> wrote:
    > Hi I have two 12 volt 10AH Leads acid battries running my scooter that
    > I wish to replace with Lithium Battries.

    So are they connected in paralell or series?

    Lithium batteries are of the primary type. ie non recharagable. LithuimIron
    on the other hand does recharges very well.

    NiMH also.

    > Can anyone please describe the battries I need and advise how to
    > connect them in series if nessasary.

    Oh so they are in series. + - + -

    The question is , has the manufacture of these, replaceable batteries
    happened?

    The old lead, H2So4 battert has done us well. She has had rates of recycling
    that many other materials fail to match, for many decades now

    Gordon, Jan 18, 2009

  2. Gordon

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <KzXcl.16787$>,
    says...

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > > On 2009-01-18, ChristianKnight <> wrote:
    > >> Hi I have two 12 volt 10AH Leads acid battries running my scooter that
    > >> I wish to replace with Lithium Battries.

    > > So are they connected in paralell or series?
    > >
    > > Lithium batteries are of the primary type. ie non recharagable.
    > > LithuimIron
    > > on the other hand does recharges very well.
    > >
    > > NiMH also.
    > >

    > >> Can anyone please describe the battries I need and advise how to
    > >> connect them in series if nessasary.

    > > Oh so they are in series. + - + -
    > >
    > > The question is , has the manufacture of these, replaceable batteries
    > > happened?
    > >
    > > The old lead, H2So4 battert has done us well. She has had rates of
    > > recycling
    > > that many other materials fail to match, for many decades now

    > But Lithium Ion rechargeables in a scooter can nearly double the distance
    > and theirs no speed drop until past 80% where Lead acid battries slow in
    > earlier stages .
    > The only reason it seems to use Lead Acid now is to keep their workers pays
    > who have built their life on the industry.
    > Christ's love

    No, the main reason is economics - you should know that.

    --
    Duncan
    Christ is dead, and he's not comin' back - praise the almighty Tea-pot

    Dave Doe, Jan 19, 2009

  3. Gordon

    EMB Guest

    Dave Doe wrote:
    > No, the main reason is economics - you should know that.

    The same reason CK is out in the community rather than receiving the
    care he needs.

    EMB, Jan 19, 2009
  4. Gordon

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "EMB" typed:
    > Dave Doe wrote:
    >> No, the main reason is economics - you should know that.
    >>

    > The same reason CK is out in the community rather than receiving the
    > care he needs.

    Gods! Don't get me started on that subject....
    --
    Shaun.
    he`ll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett, Jingo

    ~misfit~, Jan 19, 2009