Re: Suppress F8 Function in IE8?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by SC Tom, Jan 24, 2010.

  1. SC Tom

    SC Tom Guest

    "Agent_C" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > In IE8 when you hit the F8 key, it causes the browser to go into
    > full-screen mode.
    >
    > Any way to suppress this behavior?
    >
    > A_C

    Depending on the version of Win7 you're running, you can disable it in Group
    Policy, IINM.
    --
    SC Tom

    SC Tom, Jan 24, 2010

  2. SC Tom

    SC Tom Guest

    "Agent_C" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 09:12:25 -0500, Agent_C
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Thanks for the first useful response... I'm running W7 64 [Home
    >>remium] - Could you
    >>be a little more specific though?
    >>
    >>A_C

    Sorry , Group Policy is not available in the Home versions.

    I'm not on my Win7 PC right now, but will be later. I'll look on it and see
    if there's anything else I can find that might help.
    --
    SC Tom

    SC Tom, Jan 24, 2010

  3. SC Tom

    FiOS-Dave Guest

    You might want to try a key remapping program.
    I am using one to remap the Caps Lock key so that
    it does nothing. The program I am using is called
    "Comfort Keys."

    Dave

    FiOS-Dave, Jan 24, 2010
  4. SC Tom

    SomeOldGuy Guest

    I have not tried this on a 64 bit OS, but there's no reason it should not
    work. May have to be in admin mode though.

    Here's another keymapper application (free)....
    http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

    If you use a search engine (Google, etc) to find "windows keyboard remap"
    you can find tons of info on how to modify your keyboard. One thing to
    consider is whether or not any other software on the machine wants/needs the
    F11 key.

    Good luck with it.

    SomeOldGuy, Jan 24, 2010
  5. SC Tom