Re: Suppress F8 Function in IE8?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Alias, Jan 24, 2010.

  1. Alias

    Alias Guest

    Agent_C wrote:
    > In IE8 when you hit the F8 key, it causes the browser to go into
    > full-screen mode.
    >
    > Any way to suppress this behavior?
    >
    > A_C

    Use Firefox, Opera or Chrome. Internet Exploder is not a recommended
    thing to use if you want to keep your computer safe.

    --
    Alias
    Alias, Jan 24, 2010

  2. Alias

    Tom Guest

    "Alias" <> wrote in message
    > Agent_C wrote:
    >> In IE8 when you hit the F8 key, it causes the browser to go into
    >> full-screen mode. Any way to suppress this behavior?
    >>
    >> A_C

    > Use Firefox, Opera or Chrome. Internet Exploder is not a recommended thing
    > to use if you want to keep your computer safe.
    >
    > --
    > Alias

    What does that have to do with his request to prevent the browser from being
    in full screen mode.? The F11 key does the same thing in Firefox as well.
    Tom, Jan 24, 2010

  3. Alias

    Alias Guest

    Tom wrote:

    > "Alias" <> wrote in message
    >> Agent_C wrote:
    >>> In IE8 when you hit the F8 key, it causes the browser to go into
    >>> full-screen mode. Any way to suppress this behavior?
    >>>
    >>> A_C

    >> Use Firefox, Opera or Chrome. Internet Exploder is not a recommended
    >> thing to use if you want to keep your computer safe.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Alias

    > What does that have to do with his request to prevent the browser from
    > being in full screen mode.? The F11 key does the same thing in Firefox
    > as well.

    As I stated, it has to do with security. And, he was talking about the
    F8 key that does *nothing* in Internet Exploder.

    --
    Alias
    Alias, Jan 24, 2010
  4. Alias

    Alias Guest

    Frank wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >> Tom wrote:
    >>>

    >>> "Alias" <> wrote in message

    >>> What does that have to do with his request to prevent the browser
    >>> from being in full screen mode.? The F11 key does the same thing in
    >>> Firefox as well.

    >> As I stated, it has to do with security.

    > Like what?
    >
    > And, he was talking about the
    > F8 key that does *nothing* in Internet Exploder.
    >
    > Reading comprehension problem you *DUMB *****!
    > Hey you POS linturd troll, WTF are you even in here? Oh I know, in your
    > own words, you plan on destroying this ng. I guess you failed to notice
    > that everyone in here hates your guts and kicks your ass!
    > Oops!

    Declaring yourself and others as the "winners" is about as lame as you
    can get.

    --
    Alias
    Alias, Jan 24, 2010
  5. Alias

    Carlos Guest

    Re: Suppress [ F11 ] Function in IE8?

    Agent_C,

    Found this suggestion:
    "In (make the Keys if they aren't in place):
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions\

    Make a DWORD called "NoTheaterMode" and set the value to 1"

    here:
    http://www2b.abc.net.au/science/techtalk/newposts/000/topic223582.shtm

    Best of luck.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 24, 2010
  6. Alias

    Tom Guest

    "Alias" <> wrote in message
    > Tom wrote:
    >>

    >> "Alias" <> wrote in message

    >>> Use Firefox, Opera or Chrome. Internet Exploder is not a recommended
    >>> thing to use if you want to keep your computer safe.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Alias

    >> What does that have to do with his request to prevent the browser from
    >> being in full screen mode.? The F11 key does the same thing in Firefox as
    >> well.

    > As I stated, it has to do with security. And, he was talking about the F8
    > key that does *nothing* in Internet Exploder.
    >
    > --
    > Alias

    Had you read the later post, he stated he mentioned the wrong key.
    Tom, Jan 24, 2010
  7. Alias

    Alias Guest

    DanS wrote:
    >> Declaring yourself and others as the "winners" is about as lame as you
    >> can get.

    > you spelled that wrong.....
    >
    > It's not w i n n e r s, the correct spelling is whiners.
    >
    > Get it right !!

    They sure do whine a lot, it's true.

    --
    Alias