Re: Super-Zoom P&S Camera Beats DSLR (again) - Film at 11

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wolfgang Weisselberg, Nov 30, 2008.

  1. RichA <> wrote:

    > Yes, like how thousands of P&S RETARDS fire off flashes in sports stadiums
    > because:
    > 1. They are too F---- STUPID to realize they won't reach that far.
    > 2. They are too F---- STUPID to know how to turn the flash off!

    This must be the first time I can completely agree with
    RichA. My world is ending!

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Nov 30, 2008

  2. Wolfgang Weisselberg

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 23:37:10 -0500, "RichA" <>
    wrote:

    >"Wolfgang Weisselberg" <> wrote in message
    >> RichA <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yes, like how thousands of P&S RETARDS fire off flashes in sports
    >>> stadiums
    >>> because:
    >>> 1. They are too F---- STUPID to realize they won't reach that far.
    >>> 2. They are too F---- STUPID to know how to turn the flash off!

    >> This must be the first time I can completely agree with
    >> RichA. My world is ending!
    >>
    >> -Wolfgang

    >One day after writing it, I was in a shopping mall. A guy was on a
    >staircase, blasting away with his P&S and on-camera flash...at a fountain
    >100ft away.

    It's entirely possible, if there is enough light in the area, that the
    picture will turn out fine. Even if the camera's flash can be
    disabled, the flash doesn't detract from the result. So what's the
    big deal?

    It's not like the guy thought he could only get a good picture if the
    flash carried 100 feet.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Dec 1, 2008

  3. Wolfgang Weisselberg

    Mark Thomas Guest

    tony cooper wrote:
    > On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 23:37:10 -0500, "RichA" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "Wolfgang Weisselberg" <> wrote in message

    >>> This must be the first time I can completely agree with
    >>> RichA. My world is ending!
    >>>
    >>> -Wolfgang

    >> One day after writing it, I was in a shopping mall. A guy was on a
    >> staircase, blasting away with his P&S and on-camera flash...at a fountain
    >> 100ft away.
    >>

    > It's entirely possible, if there is enough light in the area, that the
    > picture will turn out fine. Even if the camera's flash can be
    > disabled, the flash doesn't detract from the result. So what's the
    > big deal?
    >
    > It's not like the guy thought he could only get a good picture if the
    > flash carried 100 feet.

    I'm with Tony here - who gives a toss? Some p&s are so crude that you
    either cannot disable the flash, or it is hidden under menu options or
    obscure key-presses, or on a key with a symbol that granny can't
    actually see.

    As for them all going off at sports events - again, so what? Some folks
    don't know how to use their equipment to its full potential or forget..
    well, gee, who woulda thought that, especially in a huge group of
    excited people at an event...? And how exactly do you know that some of
    them aren't taking a picture of their friend/spouse seated next to them?
    Besides. some would say it adds to the atmosphere.

    So yes, Rich, let's rant about it and they will all change their habits
    and the world will be a better place.

    Or it will help make you feel 'superior'. Which one is it, I wonder?
    Mark Thomas, Dec 1, 2008
  4. Wolfgang Weisselberg

    Ray Fischer Guest

    tony cooper <> wrote:
    >On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 23:37:10 -0500, "RichA" <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>"Wolfgang Weisselberg" <> wrote in message

    >>> This must be the first time I can completely agree with
    >>> RichA. My world is ending!
    >>>
    >>> -Wolfgang

    >>One day after writing it, I was in a shopping mall. A guy was on a
    >>staircase, blasting away with his P&S and on-camera flash...at a fountain
    >>100ft away.
    >>

    >It's entirely possible, if there is enough light in the area, that the
    >picture will turn out fine. Even if the camera's flash can be
    >disabled, the flash doesn't detract from the result. So what's the
    >big deal?

    20 years ago people would put flash cubes/bars on their film cameras
    to take pictures from the stadiums at events like the Olympics.
    Now they can blame the camera, but I suspect that people have not
    gotten more of a clue on the past couple decades.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Dec 1, 2008